Real Limis are Red

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild you are about the only one on here that post red limis thought i would put this one on,can't let you post all the limis. Houstoncutter she is a Goldenview Krugerrand x Baccarat with a 16 doctility score. I don"t use the Liberty bull, he is just to hit a miss on his calves. Like you said not enough nuts and a low doctility score.

Hillrancher were you buying red bulls or black bulls, dont blame the entire breed because of one crooked breeder.Limis are just like any other breed you can get good ones and bad ones. Do your home work before you make your purchase.

I agree that they are red. I've said for years that good limis are impressive looking cattle. Nice heifer BTW. Back in the eighties, my uncle used a stout red limi on his Hereford based herd. He did pull quite a few that were hung up on those big round hips. To be totally honest, the heifers made long lived, stout red baldies that raised good calves into their teens. But the eating quality of his beef did suffer, and it got a little harder to work cattle. I know firsthand on all counts. I agree with Knersie's assessment. No offense intended in any way to you limi breeders, and I know we all have had issues within our breeds to work on.

Red Bull Breeder":38y6g7hh said:
Hillrancher were you buying red bulls or black bulls, dont blame the entire breed because of one crooked breeder.Limis are just like any other breed you can get good ones and bad ones. Do your home work before you make your purchase.

I was buying red bulls and still have some of their off spring. Really wasn't disappointed with the first four I purchased. I got to trust and would tell him I needed bulls and this was my mistake for not checking them out before delivery.

Thought I'd share our 2 limi heifers. They will be 2 in Sept, the pictures were taken in June. The second one is bred to an Express ranch bull, and the first one we are hoping to breed this week to the same bull.
0271.JPG

0191.JPG

Red Bull Breeder":in1vsxy5 said:
Wewild you are about the only one on here that post red limis thought i would put this one on,can't let you post all the limis. Houstoncutter she is a Goldenview Krugerrand x Baccarat with a 16 doctility score. I don"t use the Liberty bull, he is just to hit a miss on his calves. Like you said not enough nuts and a low doctility score.
If shes out of Krugerrand, then sign me up for a truckload that look like that, that is if I was a seedstock producer . I wish we had more Krugerrand bulls out here for us terminal breeders.......That is a bull that the seedstock producers and terminal breeders alike can use. Baccarat aint chump change either.....I bet that heifer has some epd's that are off the scale!!!

TNMasterBeefProduces":296034ig said:
Red Bull Breeder":296034ig said:
Hey TNMBP i thought i read on a post of yours where your Salers were full French breeding, how can they be homo black?? Full French Salers are red like full French limis.
If I said that i didn't mean to. I am so full of carp that somtimes I forget what I say. I can however say this ~ Salers are the best cattle, even since the invention of cattle!

What's with the new username?

TNMBP: According to some historians from France Limousin cattle are the oldest known domestic breed of cattle in France. So a Saler may be a bastardized off spring of a Limi, naw they ain't good enough. For sure God didn't create a Homo Black Saler.

Most Limi's I see are red. I used to be amazed at the bulls that were shown because it seemed the muscle just rolled of their rump. I borrowed a Limo heifer a few times in 2002 and 2005 I think it was and they were lovely to handle, and I was a beginner in 02. That's a nice heifer you have there, I can't help but admire breeders who are dedicated to Full bloods and do it well. Here's a local Limo stud to me, you might like having a look.
http://www.whitelakes.com.au/

Thanks for the link aussie cowgirl always enjoy looking at limis from other places. Just bumped these threads for MoCows because i couldn't get pictures to post today.

Latest posts