Real Limis are Red

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":znf0i7t2 said:
Fullblood Limi heifer at the All American Futurity in Souix Falls South Dakota.What do you think.

I think she's pretty and I totally agree that Limis should be red. :D

I REALLY like that girl!! Never had Red Limousin before, but she makes me kinda want one...I'd probablly fall in love with Red Lim just like I have with our Black Lims and Angus. :)

Real Limis are Red

But we will have to agree to disagree there!!!! :D :D :D Maybe it is true though...and if it is...well, I think Blacks are still "real"! :D :D

Thanks for the nice comments. Frankie i think alot of breeds including Limousin have lost there idenity trying to be some thing they are not. And also lose alot of what makes them good for crossbreeding. Limousin Girl this heifer is a Fullblood Limousin which means she is 100% not a bred up purebred like black Limis.

LimousinGirl":2qrw4byr said:
I REALLY like that girl!! Never had Red Limousin before, but she makes me kinda want one...I'd probablly fall in love with Red Lim just like I have with our Black Lims and Angus. :)

Real Limis are Red

But we will have to agree to disagree there!!!! :D :D :D Maybe it is true though...and if it is...well, I think Blacks are still "real"! :D :D

In my opinion any breed that originally was not black is not a "real" representation of that breed and not a "real" purebred animal.

Cool Hand":11mvn5vi said:
If a certain breed could produce butts like that limi then they would have something to crow about.
that certain breed is not muscled like the limis.... but anyway good looking heifer red breeder

LimousinGirl":io82q22t said:

Real Limis are Red

When we moved back to OK, Limis were the most popular cattle in our area and they were red. A few people ran red/yellow and white Simmi bulls, but those thick, red, Limi bulls were the most popular. Good looking cattle. When we went to the Southern OK Limi Sale at Durant for the first time, it was embarrasing to see pretty sorry looking black Limi bulls outsell thick, meat wagon red Limis. But over the years, there are a lot of good looking, thick, meaty black Limis, too. And they still outsell the red ones. Do you go to that sale? They ususally sell some females, too. Bruce Brooks and Ken Holloway have been running the sale ever since we've been going.

I've talked to a few limi people in the last year and one said the demand for their red bulls is coming up but another said there are finally some real nice black bulls in the breed. So its hard to tell where things are headed.

I like the red ones personally.

TNMasterBeefProducer":12b1x7vg said:
Bleh I hate limis. I hate the red ones even more. Neighbor accross the road has red limis. Ugliest cattle you ever did see. He has had to pull 20 calves out of 50 cows this year as well.

Maybe we just have exceptional Limis in Oklahoma, but the red ones I used to see were sure good looking cattle with lots of muscle. :D

He has had to pull 20 calves out of 50 cows this year as well.

Limousin cattle here don't have calving problems (French fullbloods), they may have other problems like very straight hocks and lack of depth, but calving problems isn't one of them.

Frankie":z4r5g4yd said:
LimousinGirl":z4r5g4yd said:

Real Limis are Red

When we moved back to OK, Limis were the most popular cattle in our area and they were red. A few people ran red/yellow and white Simmi bulls, but those thick, red, Limi bulls were the most popular. Good looking cattle. When we went to the Southern OK Limi Sale at Durant for the first time, it was embarrasing to see pretty sorry looking black Limi bulls outsell thick, meat wagon red Limis. But over the years, there are a lot of good looking, thick, meaty black Limis, too. And they still outsell the red ones. Do you go to that sale? They ususally sell some females, too. Bruce Brooks and Ken Holloway have been running the sale ever since we've been going.

Hey Frankie, nope...never been to that sale, yet. :) Maybe I could go someday...I'm sure if I asked my Dad for a red Limousin though, he'd try to get me one sometime. (btw, I've got an amazing Dad :)) Probably need to focus on what I've got right now though..... :D
Lims seem quite popular here in OK though, aren't they? There's at least 2, maybe 3, Red Lim. breeders over here not very far from us.

Hope we're not hijacking your thread Red Bull Breeder.....I can't get over your heifer though, something about her... :)

She must be a better heifer than i thought or everybody is just being nice because i haven't posted very many pitcures.I like red cattle with big butts, and this one certainly has that.She has her faults but she won her class and divison at the All American Fullblood furturity show in Sioux Falls South Dakota a couple of weeks ago. She will most likely make a bigger cow than i like.What you people can't see in the picture is her horns.Thanks for everybodys comments even TNMPB nobody pay much attention to him anyway.

Red Bull Breeder":aqeusjfi said:
She must be a better heifer than i thought or everybody is just being nice because i haven't posted very many pitcures.I like red cattle with big butts, and this one certainly has that.She has her faults but she won her class and divison at the All American Fullblood furturity show in Sioux Falls South Dakota a couple of weeks ago. She will most likely make a bigger cow than i like.What you people can't see in the picture is her horns.Thanks for everybodys comments even TNMPB nobody pay much attention to him anyway.

RBB she is a fine heifer horn's or not i like her a lot.

rattler

Hey TNMBP i thought i read on a post of yours where your Salers were full French breeding, how can they be homo black?? Full French Salers are red like full French limis.

I'm not a real big fan of limi cows,but I think there a great terminal cross.I sure have seen alot of nice limi sired calves out of angus type cows back in Ohio.Looks like a nice heifer, you gotta have something to make bulls with.

She looks good, but if she is out of the Lenape Polled Liberty bull, I wouldnt give you a plug nickle for her. He is a small nutted bull that is in the lower percentage of bulls for docility... Limi breeders dont need anymore crazy bulls, they have had enough in the past. They have worked very hard to try and eliminate the docility problem .I never cease to wonder why seedstock producers will overlook numerous faults just to try to get a positive outcome in this bulls case ,a polled fullblood

We used Limo. bulls for a few years because we had a breeder her that would sell you a bull you could trade him back with no more than 500 get a new bull. Until he brought a pair of outlaws out. Found out if he had a calf to die he would buy any thing and put on the mother and use the papers on it. Was buying at the auction an saying he was raising them. The calves out of these last bull was worse that the hump back cattle when they were in the pens. Did like the first bulls we had. They were not as easy to handle as the cattle that I have now.