Razor Strap

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":hdtswjm6 said:
alacattleman":hdtswjm6 said:
angie":hdtswjm6 said:
Someone uses a razor strap on one of mine, and they better have a good time of it.
It will be the last thing they experience. Cross my heart.
if you do it yourself somebody else wont have too..
I had a whole "blah blah blah..." planned in response to this, but have decided to keep it simple. This theory assumes that if you do not beat your kids, then you are not "disciplining" them. To discipline means to teach. I am a student of the school of Beat Your Kids, and am fully aware of the lessons that are taught there. I am surprised by the number of people who wouldn't think to hit their dog, but do not hesitate to beat their children ~ my father included. There are better motivators than belts, strops and switches. There are more meaningful ways to teach.
whatever works, whipping worked for me ,,not beating,, . i kick my dog's however ......if we cained these sorry repeat offenders every time , you can bet your ass they would'nt be back that sho nuff would """teach"" them

alacattleman":3qo46ciq said:
if we cained these sorry repeat offenders every time , you can bet your ass they would'nt be back that sho nuff would """teach"" them
I work with this population, and you can bet that I am in full agreement with you here. I am sickened by the things that are allowed to happen to children over and over again by the criminal justice system (justice for criminals). There is no form of punishment that I would think too severe for them ~ literally. These people cannot be disciplined, they are unteachable ~ they can only be punished, and they should be.

I had a great aunt and I was a little terror when my folks were visiting with her. I got the belt when we got home. I'm not sure if it hurt me or my dad more.
My daughter was refusing to take a shower for the 4th day in a row. She was about 7. I swatted her with an open hand on the butt, and things have been good since then.
A swat has to be an option. It shouldn't be the first option.

angie":3uv4okxi said:
alacattleman":3uv4okxi said:
angie":3uv4okxi said:
Someone uses a razor strap on one of mine, and they better have a good time of it.
It will be the last thing they experience. Cross my heart.
if you do it yourself somebody else wont have too..
I had a whole "blah blah blah..." planned in response to this, but have decided to keep it simple. This theory assumes that if you do not beat your kids, then you are not "disciplining" them. To discipline means to teach. I am a student of the school of Beat Your Kids, and am fully aware of the lessons that are taught there. I am surprised by the number of people who wouldn't think to hit their dog, but do not hesitate to beat their children ~ my father included. There are better motivators than belts, strops and switches. There are more meaningful ways to teach.

Razor strop was very effective at TEACHING. Just like grease, properly applied in the right place it can do wonders at making things run smoothly

Never had a smack or hit with anything from my parents, they used to punish us in other ways, find something we really wanted to do and take it away, that hurt more. I think my Dad hit my eldest brother once and sat on the bed with him and cried, and vowed he would never do it again and he kept his word. Dad would line up three seats and make us sit on them for 10 minutes, a long time when your young, and if we moved to get comfortable he would make us sit a little longer, missing out on things and knowing Mum and Dad meant it when they said it was enough for us, and we were no angels, my two brothers and me. and we all own our own houses, the eldest had his own business the middle one was a money broker and I was a teacher so none of us done that bad. and we all managed to retire in our 50's.

A razor strop looks sorta like the back billet strap on a western saddle. A bit longer with a leather thong loop on one end and a handhold on the other..

alacattleman":vr09myid said:
most of mine came from a switch :cry2:

Reminds me of the joke about the momma who was being driven crazy by an unruly little boy. After several hours she told him to go play with the construction workers across the street. Well, he came home around 5:00 clock cussin up a storm. She was aghast at the foul language comin out the little fellers mouth and she screamed "wait till your dad gets home". A few minutes later dad walked in the door and mom told him what the kid had been sayin. Dad tells the boy to go out in the back yard and get him a switch to blister his little butt with. The boy tells dad (four letter word beginning with F) you, that's the electricians job.

The razor strop was very effective in the south, just like the paddle at school that had holes bored in it so it would raise a blood blister. Our ag. teacher had a handsaw that he called gabby and could he forever more use it, he could make it sing an awsome song on your butt.
Spare the rod -----ruin the child.

angie":36a4ae60 said:
Nobody said the word BEAT but a swat or a few licks is a real attention getter
I have spanked my kids and the thing to remember is never do it when you are mad

Angus Cowman":tbzweknq said:
I have spanked my kids and the thing to remember is never do it when you are mad
You spank your kids with your hand on their butt. You beat your kids with a leather strap (among other things). The title of this particular thread is talking about a leather strap.

Do not assume that I do not know what I am talking about. I have sufficient personal and professional background to have a valid opinion. I am more than familiar with the cause and consequence of deviant behavior, and the "lessons" taken from a beating.

angie":xxu3ve67 said:
Angus Cowman":xxu3ve67 said:
You spank your kids with your hand on their butt. You beat your kids with a leather strap (among other things). The title of this particular thread is talking about a leather strap.

Do not assume that I do not know what I am talking about. I have sufficient personal and professional background to have a valid opinion. I am more than familiar with the cause and consequence of deviant behavior, and the "lessons" taken from a beating.
I'm not all educated like some folks, but I'll wager more kids are screwed up from not geting a good swat on the butt when they needed it then then are from getting one.
Good or bad it was that razor strop that helped turn me into what I am.

curtis":3g1f0afx said:
The razor strop was very effective in the south, just like the paddle at school that had holes bored in it so it would raise a blood blister. Our ag. teacher had a handsaw that he called gabby and could he forever more use it, he could make it sing an awsome song on your butt.
Spare the rod -----ruin the child.
I have heard those paddles referred to as, "The board of education applied to the seat of understanding." :lol2:

My mother usually used a belt on us when needed but dad used what ever was handy.Out of seven of us we turned out pretty sucessfull,and with no brain damage.
Myself when my kids were little I used a swat on the butt.Except my oldest daughter all I had to do is just be upset with her and it tore her little heart out. Still does.
What will really get me upset is to see a parent smacking a child about the head. Do this around me and you got me to smack around too. :mad: :mad:

Cal

Agreed here too. Everyones got a different idea of whats right and wrong for a kid and thats OK. Some kids respond better to being grounded or havin toys taken away. When I was growin up the ultimate punishment was gettin "The Belt" from my dad. I stayed straight a lot more knowin that a red stingin backside was waitin for me if I messed up. My boys don't get it a whole lot but when they do it's the same way I got it.

dun":1gi9fni1 said:
Good or bad it was that razor strop that helped turn me into what I am.
Well, apparently you are in good company dun.
3 pages of responses, and I am the only one to speak against it.

Momma firmly believed that our backyard peach trees weren't there only for fruit production. She was pretty adept at breaking off a switch --- always without just cause in my humble opinion at the time. :)

Angus Cowman":2g717rtr said:
Calman":2g717rtr said:
What will really get me upset is to see a parent smacking a child about the head. Do this around me and you got me to smack around too. :mad: :mad:

Cal
I agree
I know one man that has a 'mass' in his head and has seizures. He says it all dates back to when he was a boy and came in drunk one night. His daddy took a blackjack to him.

Razor strop would have been mild compared to that.

Came in from work one day youngest boy was five at the time and had his eight year old sister hemmed up on the back porch with a broom handle he had sawed off. I said boy if you hit your sister I am going to blister your butt. He turned looked dead at me and said it will be worth it and knoked fire out of her. Needless to say we had a come to Jesus meeting while we were having the revival I heard his sister laughing inside, this resulted in the revival extending the call to come forward again. I never found out what she had done to him till this day I don't know. When I ask they just laugh.