Rattlesnakes

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley":dz49b6l1 said:
In some areas of the USA some folks have Rattlesnake Roundups. Just wondering what they do with these snakes after the roundup ? Tom :cboy:

They make rattle snake stew, fried rattle snake, rattle snake chile, and who knows what all.

When is the infamous boot test supposed to take place. Don't let him forget to reward that snake with the switch. :lol2:

I recently saw a show called "King Rattler" on the Nat'l Geo channel I think it was. This man puts gps tracking devices on rattlers in what I call a palmetto flat in Fla. and follows them around. Has footage of a red tailed hawk and a kingsnake killing and devouring rattlers.

ga. prime":3rgxxsue said:
I recently saw a show called "King Rattler" on the Nat'l Geo channel I think it was. This man puts gps tracking devices on rattlers in what I call a palmetto flat in Fla. and follows them around. Has footage of a red tailed hawk and a kingsnake killing and devouring rattlers.

Yet another reason not to ever shoot a hawk!

kerley":3lemsbxt said:
In some areas of the USA some folks have Rattlesnake Roundups. Just wondering what they do with these snakes after the roundup ? Tom :cboy:

There is a group of nuts in southern WV that use them in therir church services. I guess they prove their faith by handling serpents(poisonus ones). Someget seriously injured and occasionly someone dies. They don't go to a doctor for treatment. I hope they catch them all. :banana:
Fred

Fred Belknap":5mhl8e1c said:
kerley":5mhl8e1c said:

There is a group of nuts in southern WV that use them in therir church services. I guess they prove their faith by handling serpents(poisonus ones). Someget seriously injured and occasionly someone dies. They don't go to a doctor for treatment. I hope they catch them all. :banana:
Fred

My old neighbor was a preacher in one of these "nonconventional" religions. He kept on us to come visit. While I was working her sweetnesty got talked into committing us for the Wednesday night service. We went. We sat and stared in awe for three hours. While I admire their strong faith and beliefs I do not feel this is the only path to heaven.

Jogeephus":12qj9hni said:
Fred Belknap":12qj9hni said:
kerley":12qj9hni said:

Fred

I was conned into going to one of these churchs when I was in my late teens, when the first snake came out the good lord himself could not have kept me in that building. If that's what it takes to get saved I will gladly take the other direction.

mnmtranching":3rq25s1c said:
How can anybody like snakes?????

What's wrong with snakes? They serve a purpose in the greater scheme of things, and they are really quite fascinating to watch. I will kill a rattlesnake in a heartbeat if he/she is in close vicinity to the house/barns, but I leave them alone in the pastures/fields. They keep the mice and other varmints down, and they also tend to keep to themselves if allowed to. I will not even consider killing a bullsnake, or garter snake - regardless of where it is.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":11nfabdt said:
And if the snake misses the boots or snake chaps --------------------------- :?:

Or if his fang finds the little area around the zipper that does not have the protection on it. I wear chaps religiously but I once met a rattlesnake that found this weak spot and my leg rotted for months.

Got my 5th rattle snake today. I missed getting another one about a week ago. Forgot how narrow the tires are on a '57 Chevy, but a feed truck works great, unless you only get the bugger on the bottom half. Had to finish it off with a prodding stick that was in the truck. A good 3 footer. Boy was he fat. Noticed that with them this year. I've never seen them this fat. They are heading for their dens already.
Guy south of me has killed 5 in just 2 weeks and they were around the buildings.

Latest posts