Range Cube Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

There's a bit of a spread around here. From less than $7 a bag for 16% at a locally owned feed mill to more than $9 for 20% at some of the towny-chain places.

My feed store has 20% all natural for $6.65.....40% cottonseed cubes $9.10. Said they were having a hard time getting 41% cottonseed meal because of all the rain...seed is high in fat, low in protein...a lot from Arkansas, Georgia, and some from Carolina running from 35% to 38%.

gertman":371la0qo said:
20% protein $8-$10 per 50lb. bag. I can remember when range cubes were $4-$4.50 a bag.

I can remember when they were a ell of a lot cheaper than that. ;-)

At the feed store I work at Nutrena's all natural 16% and Purina 20% Southeast Cattle cubes with urea are $7.99 per bag for 50lbs. For the month of January they will both be $6.99.

Thanks for the responses. I haven't used any in a couple years and was thinking of using them to stretch some hay. Local co-op wants $10/bag on the 20%'s. Used to give a 10% discount on tons but I didn't ask after hearing the $10, couldn't hang up fast enough. Another co-op wants $9.75/bag and no discounts. I've got a friend doing some checking around for me, used to work for one of the major feed suppliers. If I could find a good enough discount I'd go pick them up loose in my dump truck.

tractor supply is at 20% with (I think???) 12% fiber/filler.
the other is at 24% and 8% filler.
Did not buy either...Cows doing OK on pasture with
a little hay on the side.

R.T.":2qldvqws said:
tractor supply is at 20% with (I think???) 12% fiber/filler.
the other is at 24% and 8% filler.
Did not buy either...Cows doing OK on pasture with
a little hay on the side.

That is better than $10 - $11 that some are quoting.

Looks like prices are all over the place. Glad I'm not having to by and feed at $7.65 a bag. Stopped buying molassas tubs in September. Grazing oats and feeding hay are keeping mine happy.

R.T.":39pned4f said:
Tractor supply full pallet ton for $330, local feed store $365 per ton.
Never heard of TSC having a bargain on feed anywhere....they're usually sky high.....all that "Dumor" feed they sell is make by Purina Mills anyway so check with your local Purina dealer as well.

Latest posts