Help Support CattleToday:

hgfarmer":1am92iis said:
tncattle":1am92iis said:
Crowderfarms":1am92iis said:
Take a hard look at Ramsey. Gone Bankrupt a few times, drives the biggest Mercedes money can buy, and you want me to take his financial advice? Makes more money than the law should allow, and he wants to tell everyone else how to live? :shock: Only thing in this ol' world that will make you money and that's hard work.

You obviously don't know Ramsey very well. Yes he has gone bankrupt and that's how he learned his hard lessons. If he can pay cash for a Mercedes is that wrong for him to buy that? The truth is he drives a different car often because one of his show sponsors provides him with them. Please tell me your not one of those people that think there should be limit to how much $ one can legally make. Again, you don't know him very well, for years he worked his rear end off and now he is where he is. I agree with your last sentence and there are many forms of hard work besides farming.

I pretty much have him figured as a "Cult" leader.I could care less what he drives...All of our equipment, trucks, etc are all paid for. Even our Cattle. I've never gone Bankrupt, and I dont need anyone telling me how to live in debt or out of debt.Problem is, most folks in this world lack common sense. They think they have to out do their neighbors.

If you could care less what kind of car he drives why did you bring it up? Also, why does he make more $ then the law should allow? Your right most folks now days do lack common sense and that is all he really offers, he even says that. It's our ridiculous materialistic culture and the me, me attitude.

If he wants to be a role model as a debt free Guru, why does'nt he drive a Pinto? I've heard his suggestions to buy a "Yard Sale" car.He's making his living from the dumb people. People that have lived off Credit Cards, extravagance, etc. and really never had a pot to pee in.I had a friend that followed his advice and sold off all his equipment because he was having a hard time making ends meet.Guess what? He's still having a hard time because he Can't manage his Money. You cant borrow your way out of debt, and the first thing, you should not get into debt, if you can't pay for it.I do agree that we are in the "ME" Culture, But not "I".

You did very well at avoiding questions. I agree people are pretty dumb and there are millions of them that borrow, borrow and credit card there way to debt city. I personally have never had a credit card in my life. Why should he drive a Pinto if he can pay cash for whatever he wants?

Im with tncattle. crowderfarms, you are sadly misinformed about Mr. Ramsey and his intentions. Do a little research before you get on here and start pointing fingers. The reason he is where he is today is because he has been bankrupt. He learned from his mistakes and is now sharing it with us. You dont think at some point that he was diving a "pinto"? Anyways, tncattle, you need to go with what you feel is best for you and your family. Good luck to you.

I know who he is.I'm only voicing my opinion. I've always learned by my own mistakes, and have never needed a "coach" to help me get out of a situation. I sure wouldn't throw money at someone who offers his advice, because he was once a financial failure. It kind of reminds me of "did you hear what Oprah said to do"? :shock:

I don't know who Ramsey is but I have seen people who blindly follow someone who tells them what they want to hear. Do you know anyone else who has made it like he tells it? Are the rest of us of dumb? I would love to be debt free but I live in reality, my wife really works for the bank, I might as well, that is where my paycheck goes, but one day that will be paid off and hopefully my kids will want this farm and will understand that their daddy didn't do it to get rich but that he did it because he loved to watch things grow and to at least think that he might be half the man that his daddy was.

Dave Ramsey tries to knock some common sense financial advice into the folks who call his show and don't have a clue as to how to handle their finances. He never said you had to drive a pinto or some other cheap car, he only suggests that you drive what you can afford to pay cash for, and not some vehicle which you are paying 30%-40% of your monthly take home pay for. If you listen to him, the first thing he sugggests is getting an emergency fund in the bank, so you dont have to use the credit cards anymore when emergencies pop up, i.e. car repairs/home repairs and unexpected medical bills and such. After acquiring the emergency fund (typically 3-6 months living expenses), then start paying off the high interest rate credit cards, starting with the lowest balance first, until the cards are paid off. Once all your credit cards are paid off and you have a decent savings account, then you should start thinking about a newer car or truck. It amazes me how many people I see around here who have a newish home, 2 new vehicles in the driveway, and every other toy that they feel they need to have to keep up with the Jones's. Most of these people are just one missed paycheck away from a financial disaster. Most people have no idea what it's like to live below your means for a few yrs. Most folks are like little kids and their money burns a hole in their pocket if they dont spend it right away. I have guys who work for me who get paid on Friday, cash their paycheck at the liquor store and by Monday, they barely have enough to buy gas with and eat for the rest of the week.

Don't knock Ramsey cause he is trying to preach common sense advice to the people, who more than likely never received the advice from their parents or anyone else.

Unfortunately we don't all start out at the same place financialy. Most fortunes are built on borrowed money.
I like Dave Ramsey,but I think his stategy works best for those making plenty of money just mismanaging it.The cattle business is capital intensive.I doubt that you will be able to avoid some debt.You obviously need more practical cattle experience.Working for a fairly large cmmercial operation would be best.Good Luck.

Larry

I understand. But i have often needed a coach to help me with a situation (SPORTS). I think that the fact that Ramsey has been in financial trouble before is what makes him real. He knows how it feels to be bankrupt. And I hope people arent listening to Oprah......but i do see what your saying.

Crowderfarms":1okfxpyh said:
hgfarmer":1okfxpyh said:
tncattle":1okfxpyh said:
Take a hard look at Ramsey. Gone Bankrupt a few times, drives the biggest Mercedes money can buy, and you want me to take his financial advice? Makes more money than the law should allow, and he wants to tell everyone else how to live? :shock: Only thing in this ol' world that will make you money and that's hard work.

You obviously don't know Ramsey very well. Yes he has gone bankrupt and that's how he learned his hard lessons. If he can pay cash for a Mercedes is that wrong for him to buy that? The truth is he drives a different car often because one of his show sponsors provides him with them. Please tell me your not one of those people that think there should be limit to how much $ one can legally make. Again, you don't know him very well, for years he worked his rear end off and now he is where he is. I agree with your last sentence and there are many forms of hard work besides farming.

I pretty much have him figured as a "Cult" leader.I could care less what he drives...All of our equipment, trucks, etc are all paid for. Even our Cattle. I've never gone Bankrupt, and I dont need anyone telling me how to live in debt or out of debt.Problem is, most folks in this world lack common sense. They think they have to out do their neighbors.

If you could care less what kind of car he drives why did you bring it up? Also, why does he make more $ then the law should allow? Your right most folks now days do lack common sense and that is all he really offers, he even says that. It's our ridiculous materialistic culture and the me, me attitude.

If he wants to be a role model as a debt free Guru, why does'nt he drive a Pinto? I've heard his suggestions to buy a "Yard Sale" car.He's making his living from the dumb people. People that have lived off Credit Cards, extravagance, etc. and really never had a pot to pee in.I had a friend that followed his advice and sold off all his equipment because he was having a hard time making ends meet.Guess what? He's still having a hard time because he Can't manage his Money. You cant borrow your way out of debt, and the first thing, you should not get into debt, if you can't pay for it.I do agree that we are in the "ME" Culture, But not "I".

You did very well at avoiding questions. I agree people are pretty dumb and there are millions of them that borrow, borrow and credit card there way to debt city. I personally have never had a credit card in my life. Why should he drive a Pinto if he can pay cash for whatever he wants?

Im with tncattle. crowderfarms, you are sadly misinformed about Mr. Ramsey and his intentions. Do a little research before you get on here and start pointing fingers. The reason he is where he is today is because he has been bankrupt. He learned from his mistakes and is now sharing it with us. You dont think at some point that he was diving a "pinto"? Anyways, tncattle, you need to go with what you feel is best for you and your family. Good luck to you.

I know who he is.I'm only voicing my opinion. I've always learned by my own mistakes, and have never needed a "coach" to help me get out of a situation. I sure wouldn't throw money at someone who offers his advice, because he was once a financial failure. It kind of reminds me of "did you hear what Oprah said to do"? :shock:

I've never even heard of Dave Ramsey.. but I think it's interesting that he's a financial advisor after going bankrupt once ? twice ? Ya'll realize that with the bankruptcy he left people high and dry without paying them back what he owed. Always a shot in the shorts for the company / people he owes money to. Nice to think he got services or good without paying the provide for them.
I think we could all be driving a paid for Mercedes given the chance to get deeply in debt, and then pay back pennies to the dollar and start over again. :roll:

TheBullLady":2j8g5k3y said:
I've never even heard of Dave Ramsey.. but I think it's interesting that he's a financial advisor after going bankrupt once ? twice ? Ya'll realize that with the bankruptcy he left people high and dry without paying them back what he owed. Always a shot in the shorts for the company / people he owes money to. Nice to think he got services or good without paying the provide for them.
I think we could all be driving a paid for Mercedes given the chance to get deeply in debt, and then pay back pennies to the dollar and start over again. :roll:

You obviously know nothing about Ramsey.

TheBullLady":2j9mk0gn said:

I agree. I understand his financial program has been offered at our church and I find this a bit disconcerting. Leaving someone high and dry with a bankruptcy, in my opinion, is not a Christian act. The fact that he is now wealthy from teaching others how to manage their money is ridiculous. I hope he paid back the folks he left holding the bag.

gberry":39mrvsns said:
TheBullLady":39mrvsns said:

I agree. I understand his financial program has been offered at our church and I find this a bit disconcerting. Leaving someone high and dry with a bankruptcy, in my opinion, is not a Christian act. The fact that he is now wealthy from teaching others how to manage their money is ridiculous. I hope he paid back the folks he left holding the bag.

Good grief people, do some research before saying all these things about someone you nothing about. He preaches about how wrong it is to file bankruptcy and that you absolutely should pay back whoever you owe. If your looking for someone to offer financial advice that has a perfect lifetime record then quit looking because they don't exist. His failure (he filed once not numerous times) has made him what he is and he got there by working his butt off and doing it the right way. The fact is he probably has outworked most everyone on this board and his success seems to have sparked jealousy.

gberry":37hnm72w said:
TheBullLady":37hnm72w said:

AHH...another person speaking out when they are uneducated on the subject. I find it intresting that you blindly agree with someone who has "never even heard of dave ramsey." Though I dont know him personaly, Dave seems to be a good man and seems to have good intentions. With that said, his progam is what I most defend. "I think we could all be driving a paid for Mercedes given the chance to get deeply in debt, and then pay back pennies to the dollar and start over again."......???????I thought you had never heard of him before....

tncattle":12vjsnrn said:
gberry":12vjsnrn said:
TheBullLady":12vjsnrn said:

Good grief people, do some research before saying all these things about someone you nothing about. He preaches about how wrong it is to file bankruptcy and that you absolutely should pay back whoever you owe. If your looking for someone to offer financial advice that has a perfect lifetime record then quit looking because they don't exist. His failure (he filed once not numerous times) has made him what he is and he got there by working his butt off and doing it the right way. The fact is he probably has outworked most everyone on this board and his success seems to have sparked jealousy.

WELL said, tncattle...

hgfarmer":36c9s5zz said:
gberry":36c9s5zz said:
TheBullLady":36c9s5zz said:

AHH...another person speaking out when they are uneducated on the subject. I find it intresting that you blindly agree with someone who has "never even heard of dave ramsey." Though I dont know him personaly, Dave seems to be a good man and seems to have good intentions. With that said, his progam is what I most defend. "I think we could all be driving a paid for Mercedes given the chance to get deeply in debt, and then pay back pennies to the dollar and start over again."......???????I thought you had never heard of him before....

I guess I'm as educated on bankruptcy as the next guy. I've heard of Dave Ramsey and I don't doubt that he gives some good advice. I just find it interesting that the thing that qualifies him most to tell others how to manage their money is that he couldn't manage his own. Am I the only one that sees any irony here? At any rate, I don't really care. It's just amusing to me.

hgfarmer":246uu4k1 said:
tncattle":246uu4k1 said:
gberry":246uu4k1 said:
TheBullLady":246uu4k1 said:

WELL said, tncattle...

I imagine I can find plenty of advisors who haven't filed bankruptcy. What, exactly, did he work his butt off doing? My guess is writing books to tell people how to avoid going bankrupt. Of course he has been successful at it and you can't argue with results.

gberry":2a3jan7o said:
hgfarmer":2a3jan7o said:
tncattle":2a3jan7o said:
gberry":2a3jan7o said:
TheBullLady":2a3jan7o said:

WELL said, tncattle...

I imagine I can find plenty of advisors who haven't filed bankruptcy. What, exactly, did he work his butt off doing? My guess is writing books to tell people how to avoid going bankrupt. Of course he has been successful at it and you can't argue with results.

Not surprisingly your guess is wrong. For years he bought and renovated houses, doing almost all the work himself. During the same time he delivered pizzas at night. He admitted his wife grew weary of this but he was paying back debtors and building his future. There is plenty more but you can do little work and research the rest.

Ramsey just another guy giving free advice on the radio. It's worth what you pay for it.
NOTHING...........

If he declared bankruptcy in the first place, he's not a man of his word.

If you steal a man's property, and then pay restitution, it doesn't change the fact that you were a thief. The victim did without what was stolen for a period of time, even if you replace it. Hence, no matter how much restitution he pays to his debtors, people had to sacrafice because of him. He makes it harder for good people to get loans. What if no one ever defaulted on a loan? Less risk would decrease the cost for all of us.

backhoeboogie":2tkeplcr said:

If you steal a man's property, and then pay restitution, it doesn't change the fact that you were a thief. The victim did without what was stolen for a period of time, even if you replace it. Hence, no matter how much restitution he pays to his debtors, people had to sacrafice because of him. He makes it harder for good people to get loans. What if no one ever defaulted on a loan? Less risk would decrease the cost for all of us.

No one is saying he didn't mess up/make mistakes. I guess some of you on here don't believe in forgiveness and are perfect and never have made any mistakes.

backhoeboogie":1p53d1n3 said:

Amen!

Would be like a man trying to sell Meds for Cattle. I'm preaching on the importance of Vaccinating your Cattle. All of mine died because I was too lazy to Vaccinate them. You need to buy all your supplies from me. :shock:

Latest posts