Farm and Ranch Insurance Coverage

Help Support CattleToday:

Allenw

Reaction score
My policy is coming up for renewal and I'm needing to explore some options besides what I currently have which I feel is just basic with out a lot of available options. I know there are various options for coverage on equipment and livestock and blanket liability coverage. I do some custom haying and considering getting into brush tree clearing and or fencing if I twist off my regular job. I have down some internet looking just trying to get a better idea of what to ask about and options to consider before I dive off into looking.

I know this has been asked before in the past and Dusty Britches has brought up one option available in his recent post which prompted this post. I've tried to ask this in general terms because there are a lot of different options and don't want to get weighed down on one or two points.

You are actually asking about 2 different things with the custom haying and the brush clearing and fence building. You can add the custom farming to your existing farm policy and it's based off your estimated sales. The brush clearing and fence building will require a General Liability policy and can be combined on the same policy (at least here in PA it can). If you want to get more detailed I'll see if I can answer your questions to be helpful, as I'm an agent in PA, but OK is totally different state and regulations.

Your going to need a contractor general liability policy that list all your services.
Typically 1 million with a 2 mil umbrella.

On brush clearing if you're going to be burning I would recommend a 2 million 4 mil.
You'll need separate inland marine policy to protect equipment and tools.
And of course you need to change your auto policy on your trucks to a commercial policy.

Latest posts