Rake

Help Support CattleToday:

If the bermuda is thick then a 8 wheel will do okay. Ten wheel or twelve wheel will not let thick bermuda go between the last two wheels. The grass will ball up and just roll up.

They will if the rake is set up properly. A 10 wheel will rake 2 9ft mower swathes in to one windrow. A 12 wheel will rake 2 10ft swath in to one windrow or you can narrow the raking width and rake 2 9ft swathes in to one windrow. Set the rear space as wide as the pickup on the baler which on a JD 468 is right at 60".

hurleyjd":38xo0eao said:
If the bermuda is thick then a 8 wheel will do okay. Ten wheel or twelve wheel will not let thick bermuda go between the last two wheels. The grass will ball up and just roll up.

Adjust the width between the back wheels. I rake 4 5x6 bales to an acre bermuda all with mine.

B&M Farms":2n9k61u8 said:
hurleyjd":2n9k61u8 said:

Adjust the width between the back wheels. I rake 4 5x6 bales to an acre bermuda all with mine.

Try raking for a 4 foot wide bale and see what happens. I guess it would depend on what baler you are using and if it had the mega wide pickup.

Latest posts