Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm glad to hear that, for some of you anyway, the rains have finally come! I hope they continue in a more normal fashion for all. It's way overdue!

And for those who still haven't gotten any, hopefully you all are next on the list.

Katherine

We have rain in the forecast again today with a 100% chance tonight and 50% for the next couple of day's .
Look's like we are getting back to a more normal weather pattern for here.

Rained here all night long, haven't checked the gauge yet. Jumped in the truck first thing to see if we could get out to go to church this morning. Creek wasn't over the road but dang close it's out of banks.

We haven't received enough to get any runoff yet but what we have received is still one heck of a good Christmas present.

Hear we are supposed to get some more Monday.......however I'm not so sure of that....Ended up 2011 with 14 inches, short about 24 inches, after being short 12 inches in 2010....so 3 feet short over a two year period....

Anyway, got enough in November and December that I'm confident I can now make it till Spring with my last 27 head....should it at least rain once in between now and then....

I don't follow weather outside of CA that much but from what I'm told you guys are always opposite of us... We had one of the wettest winters on record last winter and this year we're hurting bad. It rained early November(which is rare) and then dried up... Period. Dec and Jan should be our wettest months and we haven't had a drop and nothing coming for a while.
The same guy that told me that(he's ninty-four and has lived in TX and CA all of his life) told me that anytime it rains good here in early November and then stays dry for more than two weeks it's going to be a bad year.
Maybe that means you guys are in the green again and it's my turn to suffer.

Don't know how much rain we got here in Bowie (guage broke and to cheap to buy another) but I do know it's been raining all night and still coming down and the fields are standing in water.
Just like I like it. :lol:

Cal

Calman":154sis2l said:
Don't know how much rain we got here in Bowie (guage broke and to cheap to buy another) but I do know it's been raining all night and still coming down and the fields are standing in water.

Cal

Son just called from Madisonville and said they are getting hammered. They are running on generator's at work and several 18 wheelers turned over. They don't know yet if it was straight line wind or a tornado.

Calman":2yl5li1u said:

Cal

Mr. Cal,
Our gauge had 2 inches in it at 3:15 this morning. Wish I had one of those fancy "smart" gauges that I could check from work. Water was standing in every low spot and hoof print all the way to Denton this morning.

Red Bull Breeder":74by8riq said:
I wonder if vette got any rain. Naw he never gets rain.
LOL....every now and then I get on snuck in....2.2 for yesterday and today.... :shock: ...guess I'll not complain about the trees blown down....do wish the live ones would stop getting torn up.

Texas Gal":l3ovx3lp said:
Calman":l3ovx3lp said:

Cal

Mr. Cal,
Our gauge had 2 inches in it at 3:15 this morning. Wish I had one of those fancy "smart" gauges that I could check from work. Water was standing in every low spot and hoof print all the way to Denton this morning.

Thanks to ya ma'm sure is nice aint it!!

Cal

well weve got 3 inches of rain since last nite.an its still sprinkling some.the pools should be nice an full as theres water standing in the pastures.the cows are out grazing .

Finally!

photo3-1.jpg

Latest posts