Rain!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Ashton V

Reaction score
Finally got rain in central OK!!! Had 2 and 1/4 in the rain gauge by 3 o clock. Now come on grass!!!

Wish we could send you alot of our rain. It just won't quit and flooding everywhere, looks like last year where it quit after June and didn't rain again until November. The Ohio river just keeps spreading farther.

Houston I wish I could. The wheat actually had nitrogen poisoning in the root. Hopefully after all the rain we got today it will be clean.

we are geting plenty of rain also but low temps at night seem to be hurting the grass. But I hae grass and am praying for those in the droughts of Texas and the surrounding areas. Any word from you guys on the situation there?

Congrats!!

Ashton, I am 80-90 miles west of you and we received .30 of mist. But it is better than nothing. We have been right on the edge of the rain; unfortunately, it has been the back edge.

With the exception of some late planted bottom land--the wheat out here is done.

Bonsman":pszisvz3 said:
Congrats!!

Ashton, I am 80-90 miles west of you and we received .30 of mist. But it is better than nothing. We have been right on the edge of the rain; unfortunately, it has been the back edge.

With the exception of some late planted bottom land--the wheat out here is done.

That's how we had been until now. I think just a mist or two. Most farmers have baled it up. As for the wheat that is still there, it got rain but it may be too late. Hopefully they can get some grain out of it.

Ashton V":13640vxa said:
Bonsman":13640vxa said:
Congrats!!

That's how we had been until now. I think just a mist or two. Most farmers have baled it up. As for the wheat that is still there, it got rain but it may be too late. Hopefully they can get some grain out of it.
We were droughty last fall when I planted the WW. It came up finally a month or so ago but has died back out already.

i will share a little it is almost nine inches here since thursday. north of us it is about 12 inches in west plains, about an hour from me, and it is still raining.

It is getting awfully close to bypassing the 37 Flood that is the flood that all others around here are gauged by. Read this evening that down where Mississippi and Ohio meet the 37 flood level was at 59.6 ft and they are predicting 61 ft. Just can't spread this out over the full year, all or nothing. Wish we could share with all of you that are suffering from lack of rain. Praying it works out for all of us.

Two inches of rain Saturday night and 2.6 more Sunday night. First rain soaked in of course, 2nd rain had runoff and filled up my near dry stockpond. Anyone more than 3 miles away got much less than we did. I am blessed and amazed. Maybe now I don't have to sell any of my little herd. Wouldn't hurt to get about 6 or 8 more inches though.

We got about 8 inches in NE Oklahoma since Friday night. I was planning on doing some work around the ranch in prep for getting my own cattle on it, but between the rain, mud, and closed roads between my folks and the land, I packed it in and headed back south to the desert lands of Houston.

Latest posts