finally rain

Help Support CattleToday:

jaimefloresh

Reaction score
After a couple of hours, i could not post a picture of the 3 days ago conditions of the ranch. Any way ge finally had 185ml of non stop 3 day-night rain. Well just to share with you boys that anderstand this situation.

Congrats on your rain! The last five days everyone around me has been getting quite a bit, but only 0.83 for me. A storm is over me now but it will be short lived. Hopefully, we'll break an inch from it.

ALACOWMAN":2k2u7ag2 said:
glad you got some,, wish i could send all of you some.. this is the kinds of rains were getting..... this is what 8 inch all at once looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lqgF0Jwwso
well 185ml is about 7.5 inches and that video looks just like some places in chihuahua city. the rain is in 90% of the state little bit less in some parts

Wish we could get a break. Like Slick, lots of little storms but all of them are going around us. In 4 weeks, we have only received .04 inch. Things are very dry and crunchy, and memories of last year are haunting us already.

That's the way it is here! Fronts coming from the west and all the storms fire up in Arkansas then last week the front came through from the east and all the rain goes west of us! We ended up with a 1/2" which was the most we've had in almost a month.

We finally got some rain since June 22 here in Central Iowa, maybe 2/10 at best but at least it it something. Would love to see it dump an inch or 2 over a day here soon. I just picked some vegetables out of the garden and I have some cracks in the ground that I bet go at least 6" deep in some places. I know some farmers around here that will probably wish they had taken some preventative planting crop insurance on some soybeans they planted after June 20 because after some flood conditions in the spring we are nearly back to the drought conditions of last summer around here.

Latest posts