RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks - we sure do need it!

I haven't heard from any of the Georgia/Alabama folks on the board yet, but I hope they got rain too. Especially those wildfires in Georgia.

They are even predicting more rain for later this week. Maybe we've finally broken the drought and we'll be back into our normal summer rain pattern. :D

Our drought up here lasted about 8 years.
After the worst of it (2001) things started getting back to normal. The east winds started, they normally predict the wet weather, and our rain birds came back. We hadn't seen those little buggers for quite awhile.
It started raining again in 2004. Had a great year, even with the sudden 6" snow the first of May.
Things are starting to get back to as "normal" as it can be up here.
Hope you guys get at least 8" of rain and the pastures grow to a bright green. :D

We got a little more rain late this afternoon (Sunday) and they are predicting more on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!!

DrumRunner728":lhbacsq9 said:
We got a little more rain late this afternoon (Sunday) and they are predicting more on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!!
i know how that feels. except i have the exact opposite reaction. i seriously cannot remember a day that it didnt rain in may. every time i want to do something it starts to rain just enough to make you have to stop. :mad:

How's this for crazy weather.
We just told by the local weatherman that there is a winter storm watch for snow above 6000 feet.
As far as I know it has snowed here in every single month at some point.
Yes even on the Fourth of July.
Crazy state. :D :D

Iluvherf - I read somewhere once that there has not been a single calendar day of the year that there has not been recorded snowfall somewhere in Montana - I believe it!
we had 8' of heavy wet snow here a few years ago on August 4th! the day before had been in the 90's and the next day was back to 90 as well - smashed all the hay down - it was a mess!

My father in law told me about the time they were cutting winter wheat as fast as they could because of a storm moving in, well there was 6" of snow on the ground the next morning and all the wheat was laid flat. That was in August.
He passed away in May of 2004 and danged if we didn't have 6" of snow on the ground the day we laid him to rest. Knowing him he was probably laughing at all of us.

Latest posts