Rain in Texas!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Grandpa

Reaction score
5 inches (no kidding) from 5:30am til 11:00 am. They had to tell me what it was; I'm too young to remember rain :D Stock tank is full; now if the grass will just come back. My back yard looks a little like a lake.
backyard2.jpg

We got clouds and I heard some thunder but NO rain. Temps ahve been around 84 all day tho and that's nice.

TexasBred":i25psqgg said:
Temps ahve been around 84 all day tho and that's nice.

Same here and this is one of our hottest day this summer . :???: Not used to it yet , oh well winter will be here before we know it. :roll:

We could see some clouds waaay off in the distance, mostly north of here. High was only 98, rather than the usual 105. Really felt nice. :nod: :lol2:

I was at a place last evening where I could look east and see one lonly T-Storm and say "that could be over my place".....but it wasn't.....

Past 12 months rainfall is 11.5 inches........( To those who live in arid climates and say they wish they got that much . Turn off the pivots and then we can talk. :) )

Past 20 months is 32.7 inches........still 6 inches short of an average year.

hillsdown":2bejrsl1 said:
TexasBred":2bejrsl1 said:
Temps ahve been around 84 all day tho and that's nice.

Same here and this is one of our hottest day this summer . :???: Not used to it yet , oh well winter will be here before we know it. :roll:
HD you poor sould. I hope you survive the heat wave. :lol2:

YES SIR!!! I picked up 6 1/2 inches over the weekend in town... weve only had 3 1/2 all year.... Thank the Lord but were still going to need a lot more. Out on the range I might have gotten over 1/2 inch, but others in the area were flooding due to run off from the fires earlier this year.... Thank the Lord and send us more!!!

Holy crap, we got rain Friday night into Saturday! Woke up to thunder, wind and lightning..and RAIN hitting my windows..

made for alittle humidty on Saturday, but the cooler temps were WELCOME, espc as we were at a horseshow all day..officially broke our 100 degree streak.

now the skeeters are out though..:(

Right at 6" at the ranch in northern Erath co. 4.6" at my house in Stephenville. Filled up most of the smaller tanks, the bigger ones are up to about 40% capacity. I guess my naked rain dance worked....

Moved the farm from San Saba further east to get in the lush fields of South East Texas ten years ago. Two big ponds and a flowing spring. Well now we are the only part of texas that did not receive any rain last weekend, that being east & Southeast. So much hay two years ago I let the local FFA cut and bale the last cutting so they would have plenty for winter . Well that is history and now hoping for a little moisture so that i can put out some rye grass seed. Tried to disc the pasture and it was so dry the rows filled back up by the next morning. hopefully those that received the rain will be able to hang on to their cattle.

papavillars":do7y7x3j said:
Moved the farm from San Saba further east to get in the lush fields of South East Texas ten years ago. Two big ponds and a flowing spring. Well now we are the only part of texas that did not receive any rain last weekend, that being east & Southeast. So much hay two years ago I let the local FFA cut and bale the last cutting so they would have plenty for winter . Well that is history and now hoping for a little moisture so that i can put out some rye grass seed. Tried to disc the pasture and it was so dry the rows filled back up by the next morning. hopefully those that received the rain will be able to hang on to their cattle.

Who would have ever thought it. :shock: NOAA just put out we are 42 inches behind, to catch up we would have to get 15 inches a month for the rest of the year.

Latest posts