Radical Islam

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
aplusmnt":1djoeyg2 said:
Alice":1djoeyg2 said:
aplusmnt":1djoeyg2 said:
Doesn't have a thing to do with CNN. It has everything to do with spending a little time in Morocco AND working for years with middle easterners in an academic setting, and listening to them and their sarcastic take on the United States all the while accepting the very handsome salaries they were being paid.

Maybe if you would get your head out of Fox Network and radical right wing propaganda and allow a little bit of knowledge from different sources enter your brain, then form an independent thought of your own...Forget it...lost my head there.

Alice

How did you learn this in Morocco? Sounds like some info you must have gained since living Morocco if you ask me? :roll:

So now you have disgruntled Iraqis who are evermore likely to align themselves with Bin Laden and the likes of him, 'cause they want the U.S. out! And they are growing ever more radical because they want us out!

So please explain to me how you gained this vast knowledge of what the Iraqi people want NOW from when you lived in Morocco?

What, you got some kind of crystal ball that you consult...'cause if you do you need it checked for technical difficulties...

So now you are trying to tell me how I really gained knowledge, huh...how I must've gained it...couldn't possibly be how I KNOW I gained it...Oh, this is good... :lol2: And, I never said I lived in Morocco, just spent a short time there...another indication of you reading something into something that was never there in the first place...then blathering on about it. :lol2:

Alice

Well enlighten me, it is a simple question. How did you learn that the Iraqi people wanted us out of Iraq when you were in Morocco? I am willing to learn and not assume all you have to do is just answer the question.

How do you know that Iraqi's want us to leave their country and leave them to be slaughtered by a the Radical Extremist? You think the South Vietnamese wanted us to leave also?

I am going to have to jump into this one.
There are basically two factions of Radical Extremist fighting in Iraq, The Sunnis and the Shittes they are the ones killing each other, and the US Military is in the middle.

You keep bringing up Viet Nam, Do you have any idea of what all took place while we were there.
The Viet Nam war failed because it was totally mismanaged just like the one in Iraq.
There was also unlimited support of the Viet Cong by the USSR and China.

KenB":2asa9uy0 said:
Alice":2asa9uy0 said:
What, you got some kind of crystal ball that you consult...'cause if you do you need it checked for technical difficulties...

So now you are trying to tell me how I really gained knowledge, huh...how I must've gained it...couldn't possibly be how I KNOW I gained it...Oh, this is good... :lol2: And, I never said I lived in Morocco, just spent a short time there...another indication of you reading something into something that was never there in the first place...then blathering on about it. :lol2:

Alice

Aplusmnt":2asa9uy0 said:
Well enlighten me, it is a simple question. How did you learn that the Iraqi people wanted us out of Iraq when you were in Morocco? I am willing to learn and not assume all you have to do is just answer the question.

How do you know that Iraqi's want us to leave their country and leave them to be slaughtered by a the Radical Extremist? You think the South Vietnamese wanted us to leave also?

There are basically two factions of Radical Extremist fighting in Iraq, The Sunnis and the Shittes they are the ones killing each other, and the US Military is in the middle.

You keep bringing up Viet Nam, Do you have any idea of what all took place while we were there.
The Viet Nam war failed because it was totally mismanaged just like the one in Iraq.

Ken, you feel free to jump in anytime...you said it better than I ever could have...and much more succinctly.

Alice

Alice":2cn04z60 said:
KenB":2cn04z60 said:
Alice":2cn04z60 said:

Alice

Aplusmnt":2cn04z60 said:

Ken, you feel free to jump in anytime...you said it better than I ever could have...and much more succinctly.

Alice

Only thing he forgot to explain was how you know the Iraqi's want us to leave based on your vacation in Morocco ;-) :lol:

The point was you denied getting your info from CNN you had other sources for it which included time spent in Morocco

But never mind, I know my answer and so do you, you were spoon fed the Media slant that led you to believe all these people want us to leave. I am sure they wish they had Saddam back.

I will let this thread die. It is clear were we all stand in this fight to protect America.

Surprised it was not locked by now anyway.

aplusmnt":32t637vl said:
badaxemoo":32t637vl said:
aplusmnt wrote:

You are trying to lessen their evil by listing actions of individuals in the U.S. years ago.

No, I'm not. I'm just stating the fact that these types of actions have been found in human groups throughout history. The ethnocentric attitudes expressed by many on this board show that they still exist in our own country.

There is a big difference in Race crimes by selected individuals than a Religion that promotes and teaches the destruction of Every Jew and American.

In the specifics there are differences. But it is a fact that in both exmaples, it is an ideological base that provides the foundation for these violent actions.

Widespread lynchings would not have occurred without the pervasive racism that existed during the Jim Crow era in the United States. The burning of those American contractor's bodies wouldn't have occurred without the anti-Americanism that has developed in Iraq. I don't condone either activity, but functionally, I fail to see a distinct moral difference.

I'm not a Muslim and I don't ascribe to the tenets of the religion. My brother lived in a Muslim country for 3 years. Not once did the issue of religion create any problems for him. The majority of the world's Muslims live in peace and tolerate their neighbors.

While some sects of Islam might teach destruction of "infidels" they are nowhere near the majority of Muslims. Of course you can cherry pick verses from the Koran that make it sound like a bloodthirsty religion, but the same can be done from the Bible (and people get plenty peeved around here if you do!)

When it comes to religious tolerance, Islam arguably has a better record than Christianity. The Moors in Spain allowed Jews and Christians to live within their society (albeit without full rights). What happened when the Christians retook Spain?

You, and many others would benefit from reading up on the history of Islam. Karen Armstrong (a former nun I think) wrote a brief and informative book about the history of the religion.

I do not care about the history of Islam, the history Christainity or The history of the KKK. I live in 2007 and in 2007 Islamic Radicals and Islamic Governed Countries wish to bring death to every American and Jew. What is that amount to? Around 350 Million People they have vowed to kill? Hitler did not even have them high of hopes he was a Bush league player compared to the Radical Muslim and Radical Muslim Nations.

Cherry Picking the Koran to MAKE THEM SOUND like a blood thirsty religion? I do not have to pick through the Koran to prove that, turn on the TV the proof is there, all picking through the Koran does is show why they are doing it.

I think I am finished debating with you over the Good Versus Evil of Christianity and Islam, the fruit ages of those religions are there for you to see, if you can not see them there is nothing I can do to help that situation.

If you have any doubts about them I will personally buy you a "I hate Jesus Shirt" and an "I hate Muhammad" shirt you can wear the Jesus one to a Christian gathering and the Muhammad one to a Muslim gather and we will see which one is the God of peace. ;-)

Ps. You better go to the Christian one first because good chance you might not be alive after wearing the Muhammad shirt

Hitler did not even have them high of hopes he was a Bush league player compared to the Radical Muslim and Radical Muslim Nations.

Freudian slip there, aplusmnt? 8)

Alice

Oh, and one more thing, aplusmnt...how do YOU know that going into Iraq was really to set up a place to be able to encounter and stop Iran? Are you being consulted on strategy now? Have you become one of the administration's and Pentagon's inner circle.

C'mon now, show me the the proof...

Alice

Alice":2lssv3x6 said:
KenB":2lssv3x6 said:

Alice

There is no doubt that the shitte and sunnis seem to not like each other. That's why they fight. How about the Kurds?

Ken if you look back a ways on this post you will see that the mismanagement problem has been addressed.

"Another definition of war is "an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfill our will".

I've seen instance when we rose to the occasion. I've seen instances when the military could have accomplished the objective but weren't allowed to because of people that like to be armchair Generals."

It don't come back on the government really except through the voters and folks that will make it known to their elected officials or the folks that don't.. and the folks that can't stomach the killing involved will be from both groups.

Wewild":1pr5qvz5 said:
Alice":1pr5qvz5 said:
KenB":1pr5qvz5 said:

Alice

There is no doubt that the shitte and sunnis seem to not like each other. That's why they fight. How about the Kurds?

Ken if you look back a ways on this post you will see that the mismanagement problem has been addressed.

"Another definition of war is "an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfill our will".

I've seen instance when we rose to the occasion. I've seen instances when the military could have accomplished the objective but weren't allowed to because of people that like to be armchair Generals."

It don't come back on the government really except through the voters and folks that will make it known to their elected officials or the folks that don't.. and the folks that can't stomach the killing involved will be from both groups.

First off, I would like to complement you for being a gentleman with this post.

The only comment that I can make to it is the subject of the Kurds. They seem to be the only rational faction in Iraq, they suffered as much as any body under Saddam, but you don't hear much bad out of them.
Maybe they should be given control of the country, but that would offend Turkey.

I have been following this thread for a while. I know very little about the Muslim Religon. Can any one tell me what makes a Sunni a Sunni And A Shite a Shite. Also how come all of the religons of the World started in one place geographical speaking. How come the Jews and the Muslims are arguing over one place, Mohammod picked the same spot to ascend into Heaven on a white horse. Seems that Sharon went to this place and pi$$ed everyone off and started the last round of violence. This same place also has some Holy signfiance to the Jews also. Seem's as if God was in control he could take care of this mess once and for all. Also some time in the past I watched a show on Channel Thirteen about the mideast. It was actual a historical narative of Lawerence of Araibia, not the holly wood version. Channel thirteen is our PBS station. Any way Lawerence was able to get the Arabs together and kicked the Germans A$$. The British goverment had promised the Arabs a lot to get them to help. After they helped and won the British pulled the rug out from under them and did not do any thing as agreed. I thought at the time if I was an Arab I would be plenty pi$$ed at the British for not honoring their agreement, may be they are still pi$$ed.
Amazing how a lot of the people in the past think they came from God. Hirohito had the Japanese convinced that his family was put on earth by God. Not our God mind you but some pagan God that they believed in and who was not very important to us.

hurleyjd":2dl4j1pv said:
I have been following this thread for a while. I know very little about the Muslim Religon. Can any one tell me what makes a Sunni a Sunni And A Shite a Shite. Also how come all of the religons of the World started in one place geographical speaking. How come the Jews and the Muslims are arguing over one place, Mohammod picked the same spot to ascend into Heaven on a white horse. Seems that Sharon went to this place and pi$$ed everyone off and started the last round of violence. This same place also has some Holy signfiance to the Jews also. Seem's as if God was in control he could take care of this mess once and for all. Also some time in the past I watched a show on Channel Thirteen about the mideast. It was actual a historical narative of Lawerence of Araibia, not the holly wood version. Channel thirteen is our PBS station. Any way Lawerence was able to get the Arabs together and kicked the Germans A$$. The British goverment had promised the Arabs a lot to get them to help. After they helped and won the British pulled the rug out from under them and did not do any thing as agreed. I thought at the time if I was an Arab I would be plenty pi$$ed at the British for not honoring their agreement, may be they are still pi$$ed.
Amazing how a lot of the people in the past think they came from God. Hirohito had the Japanese convinced that his family was put on earth by God. Not our God mind you but some pagan God that they believed in and who was not very important to us.

Ya' know what, hurlyjd, I don't watch TV, but I think I need to. I used to watch PBS a lot until I quit watching TV altogether. I wish I'd seen the show you had. PBS brings things to viewers without bias, I think...presents all sides and allows us to make our own decisions.

Alice

Alice":1fh8elyy said:
hurleyjd":1fh8elyy said:

Ya' know what, hurlyjd, I don't watch TV, but I think I need to. I used to watch PBS a lot until I quit watching TV altogether. I wish I'd seen the show you had. PBS brings things to viewers without bias, I think...presents all sides and allows us to make our own decisions.

Alice
Alice I searched Lawerance of Araiba PBS, I found out that it was last aired in 2003 that is when I watched it, does not seem that long ago. Also it is available in DVD it would proable be a good watch. Here is th website . http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.js ... Id=1413848

Alice":2j6watij said:
hurleyjd":2j6watij said:

Alice

Monday, May 2, 2005 Noon EDT
Republicans Angry at PBS Bias

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting's own chairman has confirmed what critics have long been saying: Public television has a liberal bias.

And he's determined to do something about it.

Chairman Kenneth Y. Tomlinson hired an outside consultant last year to monitor the political leanings of the PBS show "Now With Bill Moyers."

He recently hired the director of the White House Office of Global Communications as a senior staff member.

Tomlinson also urged public broadcasting officials to air "The Journal Editorial Report," hosted by Paul Gigot, editor of the Wall Street Journal's conservative editorial page.

And his choice for the corporation's president and chief executive is Patricia Harrison, a former co-chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.

"My goal here is to see programming that satisfies a broad constituency," he told the New York Times. "I'm not after removing shows or tampering internally with shows."

Tomlinson, who has frequently criticized programs on PBS as too liberal, added, "I frankly feel at PBS headquarters there is a tone deafness to issues of tone and balance."

Robert Coonrod, who served as corporation president until last July, said Tomlinson is "trying to help the people in public broadcasting understand why some people in the conservative movement think PBS is hostile to them, and imbue public broadcasting with the notion of balance because he thinks that long term it's a winner in getting Congressional support."

PBS receives nearly $400 million in federal money each year, according to the Times, and received a gift of $200 million from Joan Kroc, the late wife of McDonald's founder Ray Kroc.

It's no surprise that Tomlinson focused his bias-sniffing on Moyers, who left "Now" last year but is back on the air hosting "Wide Angle."

Moyers was harshly critical of Republicans and the Bush administration. After Republicans gained control of the Senate in 2002, Moyers – an aide in the Lyndon Johnson administration – said the federal government was "united behind a right-ring agenda."

Even before Tomlinson hired a consultant to monitor Moyers' show, he sent a letter to Pat Mitchell, president and chief executive of PBS, complaining: "'Now With Bill Moyers' does not contain anything approaching the balance the law requires for public broadcasting."

uh, huh...I've skimmed this and haven't yet gotten your point, Mike C...well, other than the headline, that is. I'll read it in the morning...after a good night's sleep...which is something I'm in dire need of right now.

Don't worry...you can toy with it later...I'll be back...hating myself, but determined, nonetheless.

Alice

hurleyjd":11ign9ny said:

This is were it all started.
18 And Abraham said unto God, O that aIshmael might live before thee!
19 And God said, aSarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my bcovenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for aIshmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; btwelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my acovenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set btime in the next year.
22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

Caustic Burno":wtxka64r said:
hurleyjd":wtxka64r said:

This is were it all started.
18 And Abraham said unto God, O that aIshmael might live before thee!
19 And God said, aSarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my bcovenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for aIshmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; btwelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my acovenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set btime in the next year.
22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

I'm not to up on Lawrance of Arabia, but I do know he got the Arabs to fight for him by using a British Gold Sovreign, this was a lot of money to them. as just asking they said no because they were with the Turks.

I ain't got much time so here goes!!
If you met the mechanic that had been in Saddam's jail for 7 yrs previously for having a satillite dish...the one that was on the Iranian border for 2 yrs. in the 80's..the one in Basara who's wife was killed AFTER the 90's Gulf war...it goes on & on..NO the majority of the Iraqi people don't want us to leave. They are glad we came & are still here to help them....NOW the Sunni's who were Saddam's pals wish were had never came...ain't met a Kurd yet so I can't speak for them...
I got to get ready for my little Rhino ride tonight..It's a blast..Chrisy, Alice & KenB should be here for this this trip!!! I would like for all of those mentioned to please be standing in the front of the line when we have to protect OUR front doors (if we pull out as the Liberals wish we would). Ya'll need to get a grip...Boy that steak is going to be good when I get home Mon. night!!!!! Ya'll have fun...hear!!!!!!!

Alice,
Sorry, forgot you are not saying pull out..just we shouldn't be here....where were you when the mortars in 04' were coming in here with the Resin (SP) on them & I was in a bunker with my gas mask on???????? You got a gas mask in the calving kit you got made up for the next calving season???? Saddam had at least 2 yrs. to move & hide his WMD's...still think it is burried & we just ain't found it yet...lots of sand over here to sift through.

JDI, it is already at my shore. we are already fighting them on our own turf, and I have been spat at a few times for walking the streets of my own Country. but thankfully that is all it is and not shot at. and one of my friends can no longer walk, he is paralised from the waist down due to a bomb by one of these terrorist, in the Tube Train going to work. I also had a friend killed in the 9/11 attack to, he was over working on a project. so I do know what it is like a bit (and hopefully have no intention to be a lot) caught up with these people.

JDI,

Please, do not be angry at people who are honestly afraid for your safety and well being. When I read that more soldiers have been killed, I get heartsick for their families. I'm a mother and a grandmother and the thought of losing my child or any of my grandchildren is more than I can bear. And we are losing more and more...young men and women who will never have the opportunity to have children of their own, or who maybe have young children at home and will not be able to see them grow up...young children that will not be able to know their mothers or fathers...so maybe I am looking at this more from a mother's perspective than from the bigger picture.

You believe strongly that you and the soldiers should be there, and I respect and support your belief. Please, do not ever think otherwise. Sometimes I think that it should be the people that have already had full lives that go to war...and let the young ones stay home to have full lives and fulfill their potentials...to have and raise their children.

I do support the troops in the field...and you all have enough on your minds to have to think about anything other than doing your job and staying safe. You should not have to think and worry about what the people back home think of the war and whether or not we should be in it.

I admire you, JDI...and admire you and your brothers and sisters in arms and I admire your commitment. You do have my thanks and my utmost respect, I promise.

Alice

JDI......Was checking out your website, curious was that Fusion bull the one you bought after me and you bid against each other on my Goldmine bull?

Nice looking bull! Do you have any calves on the ground to look at when you get home? \

Be safe! And glad you get a trip home Monday, enjoy that Steak!

Friday night a young British Soldier Killed in Iraq by a Road Side Bomber. yet another young lad killed, another Mother crying, to have to live with it now forever just memories, until you have lost a child you will never know the pain, and heartache. I have lost two Sons, one at birth and one when he was 25 years old. It is the biggest gut rencher ever. So It is with the Mothers and Fathers of these young lads in mind I am thinking. That is why we should pull out and let them have their blood bath, less for us to worry about. If that sounds selfish so what, is my attitude to Iraq at the moment. Not to any of our Soldiers or either of our Countries. I have great respect for all our boys and girls over there, May God Bless and keep them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts