Racism amongst us.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
I was called a racist recently and it got me thinking, what is a racist? I then noticed Caustic posted something that went against the modern ideas in the media. i thought there is alot of racism right on this board it just flys below the radar. Cattle Racism is Really a serious issue and the discrimination should end. I'm sure i can find a college professor somewhere to sign off on there being a strong correlation between cattle racists and people racists. Lets look at some of the signs. We need to be more PC.

1. Do you use terms like "black, White, yellow or red" in describing cattle? Instead of their offical breed name.

2. Have you ever used color to describe an animal while angry? "That %@&^ BLACK BULL RIPPED UP THE FENCE AGAIN!"

3. Do you decide you do or don't like an animal just because of its color? You need to get to know the animal on a personal basis unless it is an angus they are all good.

4. Do you like Charolais better than Angus? If yes its racism no matter how you look at it?

5. Do you make statements about Bos indicus cattle? Or continentals? Or the british breeds? They are all the same.

6. Are you tired of all the programs promoting Angus cattle?

7. Do you say racist things like "Angus cattle can jump higher than red angus" or Limis have smaller SC measurements than other breeds?

8. Do you think less of Dexters because they are shorter? Give them a chance to be big maybe they will be.

9. "Longhorns have longhorns" is not something that should be said.

10. Charolais are just as good maybe worse than angus. Cows are as good as bulls at everything. XY=XX in every way.

Beef11":2hst8a2b said:
I was called a racist recently and it got me thinking, what is a racist? I then noticed Caustic posted something that went against the modern ideas in the media. i thought there is alot of racism right on this board it just flys below the radar. Cattle Racism is Really a serious issue and the discrimination should end. I'm sure i can find a college professor somewhere to sign off on there being a strong correlation between cattle racists and people racists. Lets look at some of the signs. We need to be more PC.

1. Do you use terms like "black, White, yellow or red" in describing cattle? Instead of their offical breed name.

2. Have you ever used color to describe an animal while angry? "That %@&^ BLACK BULL RIPPED UP THE FENCE AGAIN!"

3. Do you decide you do or don't like an animal just because of its color? You need to get to know the animal on a personal basis unless it is an angus they are all good.

4. Do you like Charolais better than Angus? If yes its racism no matter how you look at it?

5. Do you make statements about Bos indicus cattle? Or continentals? Or the british breeds? They are all the same.

6. Are you tired of all the programs promoting Angus cattle?

7. Do you say racist things like "Angus cattle can jump higher than red angus" or Limis have smaller SC measurements than other breeds?

8. Do you think less of Dexters because they are shorter? Give them a chance to be big maybe they will be.

9. "Longhorns have longhorns" is not something that should be said.

10. Charolais are just as good maybe worse than angus. Cows are as good as bulls at everything. XY=XX in every way.

Your absurdity is amazing...absolutely amazing.

Alice

You got that right.

Cattle don't give a damn whether your callin them black, red or white. They only care whether they're bellies are full or not.

To Beef11
You sometimes just don't make a bit of sense. Actually it appears that you are trying to stir the racist pot with your comments.

Jeeze, I hope this thread gets locked down before anything gets outa hand.

You know what I mean. :x

IluvABbeef":10o210xh said:
Jeeze, I hope this thread gets locked down before anything gets outa hand.

You know what I mean. :x

Yes, mam, I have to agree...

Alice

To Beef11
You sometimes just don't make a bit of sense. Actually it appears that you are trying to stir the racist pot with your comments.

Thank you, that was exactly the response i was after. I am actually not a fan of being politically correct and changing the context gives a different view. I like to see a pot stirred especially when i am sympathetic to both sides to certain degrees

Better be careful beef. If the Rev Al Sharpton catches wind of this there could be trouble :shock: :shock: :)

I would not consider myself racist, I have a few close friends who are immigrants, one indian, one south african.

I do think that a lot of you have made a mountain out of a molehill.

I read this post with a little humor and got a laugh out of it.

Thanks Beef11.

Keren":3tuskg7q said:
I read this post with a little humor and got a laugh out of it.

Nothing wrong with having a good laugh.

However, I can perfectly understand why some wouldn't feel amused.

Just the thought of some of the tragic acts that have occurred since time immemorial in the name of prejudice, be it racism, sexism, whatever ism...

Prejudice is possibly the greatest affliction humans should overcome. The world would be a much safer, nicer, more peaceful, place if everyone were able to achieve just that in their lifetime. :idea:

I'm sorry, folks, but I saw nothing at all wrong with this post. A bit frivolous, maybe, but certainly not racist. Lighten up!!

I think my cattle are racist. The black cattle and commercial cattle stay on one side of the field and the herefords stay on the other. What does that mean for the bull?????

Actually, maybe they arn't racist, maybe self segragated. Like reds on one side and blacks on the other. Or maybe commercial on one side and registered on the other. Or better yet...
nevermind

I never thought the day would come when the topic of racism would be on top of the breeds board discussion. Smoke another one buddy. Boone

I too thought the post was intended in a light hearted way, possibly a difference in southern hemisphere humour? I have had a few comments fall badly 'flat' due to a difference in interpretation of humour or terminology, but it would be a boring world if we were all the same!
My cattle have an identity crisis as depending on the reasearch or specific academic, they are sometimes Bos taurus, and sometimes composite Taurus/Indicus!
The bottom line is, a little tolerance goes a long way,and life is way too short to be petty.

I took it as light hearted humor also. I was laughing at his ingenuity until everyone started taking it wrong. Now I'm wrinkling my forehead.

Humor is sometimes hard to deliver in written words. Especially dry humor.

Latest posts