Question about Holstien Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

TripleB

Reaction score
How big do holstien bulls generally get? How tall at the shoulder? How many pounds?

Stef

i cant tell you how tall a holstein bull will get.but they will mature at 1800lbs to 2200lbs or more.

Neighbor had 2 half brothers, not sure of the weigfht but the little one was over 5'10" and the other was some taller.

When we were at the auction last week there was a holstein bull there that was def taller than 6' 7". His girth was HUGE. I wish I had a camera to take a pick of my 4 year old standing in front of him. I know they are big but this guy was massive! :shock:

I've seen some at 5' 6"tall weight around 1400-1500# 6' ?" 1600#-1800#. Not sure on height largest I've seen 2100#.

Neighbor had one that weighed 2600#, he kept him way too long, he got attacked by him, trying to sort him from hte cows, thing that saved him was just pure luck that the bull backed off when he carried on, or he would have been seriously injured or killed that day.

We have had Holstein bulls at sale time that when we loaded them in our 16 foot stocktrailer, when inside I swear seemed to take up the entire length of the trailer, biggest one we had weighed 1900#

They are definetely nothing to mess with when they get to be 3-4 years of age, and that weight, handle with caution at all times, at any age. Only takes a second for disaster to occur with any bull.

GMN

the biggest bull we ever had was a reg bookmaker son.he was so big that his hipps was taller than butt splash rails.an so long that he had to come in the last stall in the dairy an stick out the entrance door.an at his max weight he weighed 3300lbs.big boy could run 45mph full out at that weight.

bigbull338":138shjmr said:
the biggest bull we ever had was a reg bookmaker son.he was so big that his hipps was taller than butt splash rails.an so long that he had to come in the last stall in the dairy an stick out the entrance door.an at his max weight he weighed 3300lbs.big boy could run 45mph full out at that weight.

Thats too dangerous of an animal to be around anywhere, but especially free, where he is able to run full gallop.

GMN

Biggest one I ever saw was listed at 3100 but that was an older bull at an AI stud. Don't know how tall he was but he was definitely huge. My uncle used to keep them till they got to be about 1800-2000 then ship them. Had a couple of ribs busted by one of them when I was a teen.

yes he was meaner than a junkyard dog.thats why when we was on foot around him we never got more than 30ft from the entrance an exit lanes.always made sure we had a quick an safe exit.moved the cows with a truck.

The largest Holstein bull I have ever seen was Quality Ultimate at St. Jacobs in Ontario in 1983. The guide told us he was 7'6" at the withers and weighed 3300lbs in thin condition because they didn't want him to gain any more weight. This was because of his age and overall size.

check that 76 inches tall. My wife (the professional secretary) can't stand to watch me do the 2 finger chicken scratch on the keyboard so she was typing 93 miles an hour while i dictated. she thought i said 17-6 i said no SEVEN SIX so thats what she typed. maybe she needs a new hearing aid for her battery! anyhoo, he was a monster

Latest posts