Quaker Hill Rampage

Help Support CattleToday:

Phil A.

Reaction score
Curious to updated opinions on this bull. Have several heifers bred to him set to start calving any day. Like all bulls there are differing opinions. Some say to much growers others different things. Just looking for some current thoughts, some experience from this winter calving season, and best of all any pictures would be cool as well.

The second part of my question is we generally sell 6-10 3-5 year old cows each year. This year it looks like I am going to have a pen of smoky F1 crosses to sell. These are Angus/Charolais cross cows. What do you think the interest from a buyers perspective to have these cows AI'ed to Rampage? Or do you all think there is a better fit to take an F1 smoky female to? We usually AI them once then they will run with a Hoover Dam son after that.

Phil A.

I haven't used the bull and doubt I ever will. He has huge numbers for alot of traits. They could change, im not real sure how he has only 200 animals turned in but has 289 progeny with geonomic tests done, maybe some folks are running tests and not turning any data in?
The 2 things that Id be careful of is his MW and MH hes gonna add alot, in a commercial setting on moderate cows will probably be fine.

I am also interested to know about the calves of Rampage. I bred heifers to a paternal brother Stevenson Rockmount last year. They are due to calve within a few days. I would guess that some of Rampage's numbers will change as that is quite a spread. His 1.4 YH epd is interesting to me for marketability of feeder calves. It seems the buyers around here like larger framed calves. If his MH is somewhat accurate I'm not sure about retaining daughters.

I used him on a LH cow this past year. It will be interesting to see how things turn out. I really liked the looks of him, hopefully he'll add some beef to my cowgoats.

Latest posts