Hill Creek has been Dispersed

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you made your Grandparents leave EVERYTHING to you for bailing them out like this!! I still don't understand why they couldn't just refinance with $10-15g to pay off the back mortgage and the refi costs. I know I am mean; but they would just have to have sold the farm too me and I would have given them a life estate. You also need to talk to a tax attorney or CPA on this. You can't just gift them a $100,000 without them then owing a big tax penalty. The SAFEST thing taxwise for you would be too buy off the mortgage and make them pay you payments; but crafting that deal would be tricky.

HCF

Sorry to see ya go, I dont agree with you on most things, but thats part of what makes the world go around.
Its much easier to sell lbs than hype, and most of what you have been pushing here is hype. Regroup, start over take your time and you can be a big name in this business. But its as much about you as it is about the cattle.
Good luck, I have no doubt you are a better person than many including myself give you credit for.

MD

Hill Creek Farm":1aidqqlr said:
farmwife":1aidqqlr said:
Brandonm2":1aidqqlr said:
I wish Matt the best of luck.....

but I am still confused......he owned 60 head of Hereford cows including Keisha; 2 or 3 herdbulls including Red Oak, and 700 frozen embryos.....and he found a buyer for all of that????

I tend to agree somewhat with the confusion of most of you. He told me that his partner in Red Oak purchased his half. A ranch in Ohio purchased the Keysha cow. As of yesterday morning he still had 7 cows left and was asking $15000 for them. :?:
I am not now. Sold them all yesterday. Commerical man came by and bought them. Take care. :cboy:
Hmmmmm!

So popular that they sold for $2,000 each.

mtnman

Hey this guy is obviously hurting, so is there any chance of not kicking him while he's down? Why don't we move on?

Good luck Hill Creek and I hope to see you back in Herefords soon!

Alan

Hill Creek Farm":1aejk4sv said:
Like I stated, it wasn't my home or farm, but it was my grandparents. If you all were in my shoes, you all would have done the same thing. Take care. :cboy:

If this was your grandparents farm did other family members want to sell the farm and you had to sell your cattle? I know of a few people who had to sell their cattle because the farm belonged to the grandparents and the uncles and aunts and anybody that mattered wanted to sell the farm for the $$$$.

I don't know why any of you are so damn perplexed with his goings-on? WHO CARES!!? So what if you spent hours trying to wrap your brains around his situation and gave him advice? There are far worse things in life than someone not taking your advice, and it's absolutely ZERO skin off anyones derriere if he lost it all, sold it all, or made it all up!! Big friggin'deal! If you have nothing better to do than brew over what he's up to, keep the fingers off the keyboard, and save this site some valuable space.

purecountry":kk0gyn4w said:
I don't know why any of you are so be nice perplexed with his goings-on? WHO CARES!!? So what if you spent hours trying to wrap your brains around his situation and gave him advice? There are far worse things in life than someone not taking your advice, and it's absolutely ZERO skin off anyones derriere if he lost it all, sold it all, or made it all up!! Big friggin'deal! If you have nothing better to do than brew over what he's up to, keep the fingers off the keyboard, and save this site some valuable space.

Now that rant is funny. ;-)

MD

He said he's leaving...why not just say bye if you want to bid farewell, and shut up if you dont?...Aint noone's business except himself bout what's wrong with his grandparents and whether he made everything up or not...move on

purecountry":2k70ep5b said:
I don't know why any of you are so be nice perplexed with his goings-on? WHO CARES!!? So what if you spent hours trying to wrap your brains around his situation and gave him advice? There are far worse things in life than someone not taking your advice, and it's absolutely ZERO skin off anyones derriere if he lost it all, sold it all, or made it all up!! Big friggin'deal! If you have nothing better to do than brew over what he's up to, keep the fingers off the keyboard, and save this site some valuable space.

Sorry boys for being a little curious about a story that just doesn't make a lick of sense. Take Care PureCountry and Heritage Farmboy. :D

KMacGinley":2e2svsv1 said:
purecountry":2e2svsv1 said:

Sorry boys for being a little curious about a story that just doesn't make a lick of sense. Take Care PureCountry and Heritage Farmboy. :D

aint no need to be sorry...it aint just you...there's about 70 posts on this thread and only about 2 of them are saying farewell

Hill Creek Farm":2hf4cgat said:
I see that everybody thinks I am a piece of horse be nice, but i don't care. I saved my grandparents from lsoing there home and farm, so you all just take care and from now on, don't speak to me, if you don't have anything to say nice. All I did was help out my grandparents, so you all just keep your negative comments to yourself. Everyone, Take care and god bless. I won't be back. So go on and have your big f***ing party and celebrate over a awesome group of cows, going under and make all the jokes you want, but that just makes you look like you have no class in the world. :cboy:

Don't go away angry........ :D

3MR":euhdiyfh said:
Alan":euhdiyfh said:
My hats off to you hill creek (Matt), you're doing a good thing, and some of us will miss you.

Alan

I dont see what he would need to leave! He wouldnt be the first person on here with out a cow to his name. :lol:

;-)

Alice":1bf7qvqz said:
This whole thing has been rather odd... :|

Alice

:shock: :D Perhaps is was one of those "create a hypoyhetical business" for school or something, and the only money HCF actually spent was on the add in the HW to make a point with everyone? It is rather strange..... :eek:

purecountry":fg58fbsl said:

He said...... as he finished his paragraph on this thread! :lol:

I would give alot of credit to helping his grandparents.

I would also give sympathy to someones misfortune in a failed business.

I just don't understand the tie in of saving the Grandparents home and farm and the dispersal sale of a proported big time cattle operation.

:roll: I don't see how they are tied together.

KenB":1c9pb5dg said:

I just don't understand the tie in of saving the Grandparents home and farm and the dispersal sale of a proported big time cattle operation.

I sold the cattle to pay off the debts my grandparents had. That is what paid there bills. Take care. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":2tbkwbys said:
KenB":2tbkwbys said:

I sold the cattle to pay off the debts my grandparents had. That is what paid there bills. Take care. :cboy:

And, I assume, your grandparents were cool with that. Time to drop it... :)

Alice

Alice":1r0quhy6 said:
Hill Creek Farm":1r0quhy6 said:
KenB":1r0quhy6 said:

And, I assume, your grandparents were cool with that. Time to drop it... :)

Alice
Well, they didn't want me to do it, but I had too. They didn't want me to lose such an empire, but I had to give it up. Oh well, I am young and I can get back in it maybe some day. Take care. :cboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts