How Nice s Champion Hill Angus?

Help Support CattleToday:

HughesFamilyCattle

Reaction score
Bought my son a heifer in their April sale and just got a box in the mail this week thinking it was a part I had ordered for my tractor I thru it in the Farm truck cab. Got in the truck yesterday and noticed it was from Champion Hill Angus? It was a custom made hat for my son with thier Logo and the Cow's Name on it! And my son's name on the back. Wow, in all my years in the cattle business I've never seen anything like that. Of course I paid a lot for the calf but you have to at all these top end Angus farms and we sell Registered bulls (here in Ky) and for the most part that's the game you have to play to get top end for your bulls you need the mom name behind them. The Hills are truly nice people and seem to really care about people.

That is nice, however there is one certainty now....you or your son will return to buy cattle in the future.
Now that's marketing! Nice all the same

Great idea on thier part. Your son will now be a walking billboard for them and you will join a cattle forum just to tell the world how great they are. :tiphat:

3waycross":ae02lbsv said:
Great idea on thier part. Your son will now be a walking billboard for them and you will join a cattle forum just to tell the world how great they are. :tiphat:

Got your caps ordered yet?? Whatever you do, do not put "3way" on them. :lol2: :lol2: :mrgreen:

gonna be a hard train to stop now. cant sling a dead cat and not hit a breeder ...one registerd breeder for every commercial it seems ... one good thing has become of it .. better cattle to be had ...

ALACOWMAN":3sk239b3 said:
gonna be a hard train to stop now. cant sling a dead cat and not hit a breeder ...one registerd breeder for every commercial it seems ... one good thing has become of it .. better cattle to be had ...

You are absolutely right! I was sneering at his admission of buying females just to stick a name in a pedigree with no real propotency. Just becomes sales BS with no actual intimate knowledge of the animals behind the name.

It is what is I guess...,

AllForage":2tzqzlbd said:
ALACOWMAN":2tzqzlbd said:

You are absolutely right! I was sneering at his admission of buying females just stick a name in a pedigree with no real propotency. Just becomes just becomes sales BS with no actual intimate knowledge of animals behind the name.

Well Champion Hill does have Very Nice Females and if you look at a lot of the SAV bulls that are topping Registeration today they are full of Champion Hill females.... So I didn't buy from them just for the name only....my son's cow's mother was the top Angus "Show" female of 2009? Georgina 4402, and his cow's confirmation is excellent.....she may never be worth anything as a brood cow but all I can do is Breed the Best to the Best and hope for a quality offsprings

AllForage":2wqcuufc said:
ALACOWMAN":2wqcuufc said:

You are absolutely right! I was sneering at his admission of buying females just to stick a name in a pedigree with no real propotency. Just becomes sales BS with no actual intimate knowledge of the animals behind the name.

I don't see anything wrong with it, if they are buying quality animals and have a marketable name.

Same thing as any consumer product if you can sell a brand it makes sense to do so. We are all in the business of making money I do believe. Hard for me to knock how somebody else is doing it as long as they are actually making money.

ALACOWMAN":36lgf7l5 said:
TexasBred":36lgf7l5 said:
Depends on when you get the cap. Before or After you make the purchase. :cowboy:
i got a nice pocket knife from a breeder once...that old man is genuine as they come..

Best "gift" I ever got from anyone was an old dairyman I bought some home grown dairy cattle from. When I loaded the last load he told me "If you don't like the way they shyt in the barn" bring them back. and pick you out a replacement. Never once had to return one for any reason.

TexasBred":1l303ves said:
Depends on when you get the cap. Before or After you make the purchase. :cowboy:

It was at least 2 Months after the Sale. Now they did give my wife a logo feed scope when we paid for the cow. ( but she's using it to bring Chicken Eggs from her little Coop )....... Not in the show barn as probably intended for! Check out Champion Hill's website some time and look at all the Donor Cows they have. They are in the same breath as Express Ranch and SAV Angus

Went to the site, looks like they should be paying SAV a royalty. With all that show talk maybe the feed scoop was a more telling gift.....

AllForage":3goh2k8b said:
Went to the site, looks like they should be paying SAV a royalty. With all that show talk maybe the feed scoop was a more telling gift.....

True, I believe they have a Genetic Partnership. It's a long history between the two breeders.