Purina "Horse Charge"?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowkeeper

Reaction score
My feed store accidentally gave me horse feed, their own mix, that contains Purina Horse Charge. Anyone know whether it is ok to feed to the cows. I already dumped it into the bins, but I'll get rid of it if I have to.

cowkeeper":1awke7og said:
My feed store accidentally gave me horse feed, their own mix, that contains Purina Horse Charge. Anyone know whether it is ok to feed to the cows. I already dumped it into the bins, but I'll get rid of it if I have to.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it one bit. Now, if you'd dumped cow feed into the horse bin...that's another story!

Alice

I would call the feed store ask if there is any animal byproduct in the feed,
then call purina and find out what was in the "horse charge". Only way to be safe and protect your cattle herd.

I'm with ALICE. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Cows can eat about anything a horse can. But things a cow eat, will kill a horse.

Holidays, so I couldn't find out what was in the pellet. It wasn't a large quantity so I rebagged and gave it to some horse folks nearby. Better err on the side of caution I figure.

Can't think of anything in a horse feed that would be harmful to a cow. Next time feed it to the cow. It's probably much better than the cattle feed anyway.

Latest posts