Protective Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Folks in Florida eat a lot of froglegs and conch. Conch is a snail from the ocean. You know, the shell you're supposed to put up to your ear to hear the waves? One of my favorites. Don't forget alligator tail, quite a delicacy. Any others eat the above items?

30 years ago in my younger days, I made enough on part time to just pay rent and utilities .... collected grass clippings from neighbors mowing. When you are hungry enough even boiled grass is good. I'd change the flavor with beef or chicken boullion cubes :roll: That lasted seven months til I got better full time work.

boiled grass? thats pretty bad.

I had conch in the bahamas a few years ago. Thats what you get for asking the cab driver for a nice but not to expensive restaurant--the seafood wafflehouse.

gator tail is pretty good and frog legs arent bad but i havent them in years.

I guess that fried eel was about the worst thing I ever tried. The flavor wasn't too bad, but it was like eating cotton, the more you chewed it the bigger it got. I could handle all that part, but we dang near burnt that thing and after sitting on a plate in the refrigerator all night, there was blood in the plate. They aren't near the delicacy that fried deer hearts are.

Heck for $50k I'd eat about darned near anything that wouldn't kill me: pickled possum, goat goober goulash, McDonalds.

JB

J Baxter":1b9f62pl said:
Heck for $50k I'd eat about darned near anything that wouldn't kill me: pickled possum, goat goober goulash, McDonalds.

JB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I reckon for 50K i'd try to eat just about anything, 50K 'd pay off a lot of bills , buy some good stock Angus bull , Hereford Heifers :lol: :lol:

How long does it have to stay in your belly?? ;-) :roll:

Ate dog in China in the '80s. Wasn't too bad. Father-in-law was POW in Germany. Their staple meal was watery soup with some kind green leaves in it and an occasional piece of potato often with maggots. Said you would pick 'em out at first, soon learned better. He lost over 80 pounds.

I'm going to upset the champ. I had a brother that my mother found behind the couch eating something he had found in his diaper.

I have ate cougar. I guess that would be pretty rare as cougars are kind of hard to find. It is pretty good but there were parts that you just can't chew enough. Raw oysters on the beach are tough to beat. Just pick them up, shuck them, and suck them off the shell. Either you love them or find them absolutely repulsive.
Dave

[/quote]Folks in Florida eat a lot of froglegs and conch. Conch is a snail from the ocean. You know, the shell you're supposed to put up to your ear to hear the waves? One of my favorites. Don't forget alligator tail, quite a delicacy. Any others eat the above items?

Love froglegs & alligator tail, the conch is ok. Rattlesnake isn't too bad either.
;-)

When I was in Korea, I had the opportunity to eat dog. Called 'Kaoggie' it is marinated and served over rice. But when I ordered it, the lady just shook her head. Said to order something else. Just because.. I always wished I had tried it while I was there.

Folks in Florida eat a lot of froglegs and conch. Conch is a snail from the ocean. You know, the shell you're supposed to put up to your ear to hear the waves? One of my favorites. Don't forget alligator tail, quite a delicacy. Any others eat the above items?

Love froglegs & alligator tail, the conch is ok. Rattlesnake isn't too bad either.
;-)[/quote]I have eaten alligator in a restaurant called "The Cajun Boiling Pot."

MULDOON":t1b49mao said:
I'm sorry , I wasn't really paying attention to the title of the post , this has nothing to do with "protective cows"
I'm sorry , Please don't hurt me!!
I'll try hard not to get off track :cboy:
This post wouldn't have seventy-some replies if it hadn't got off track, I dare say!

WOW - I don't think I could bring myself to consiously eat dog, but to those that did, what did it taste like?

I agree with J Baxter: Fried dear hearts are one of my favorite meals!!! YUM. Can't wait till deer season this year.

As long as everyone else is on this tangent, a black bear that's been taken in an area with lots of grainfields is very good eating.

Kind of like pork, and very tender. Good roasts.

Take care.

CattleAnnie":22inaey3 said:
As long as everyone else is on this tangent, a black bear that's been taken in an area with lots of grainfields is very good eating.

Kind of like pork, and very tender. Good roasts.

Take care.

now there's one i have tried.....bear. too tough for my liking but it was done more like brisket than roast which might have made the difference.

kjerckie":a3z96jfc said:
sidney411,

I've heard it is a sweet tasting meat.

Depends on what it's been eating. I got one in Dismal Swamp that was probably lliving on skunk cabage and carrion. Wasn't fit to eat, or cook for that matter, stunk up the house something awful. One I got in Washington on the Olympic Peninsula had been eating blackberrys, meat was sweet as if it had been marinated in blackberry jam.

dun

Now that you mention it I ate black bear once. I was a kid and hung around this guy who hunted Canada alot. His wife served the bear with mint jelly was pretty good from what I remember. She also made moose for us once.

Latest posts