Protable Cattle Barns

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Do any of you have some and use them. I would like to get one at one of my pasture that doesn't have a shed and is divided in 3 parts. So be nice to move from section to section during winter so I don't have to bring them home like I do now. Also be good to move to the fenced in feild and put them on corn stocks. Also the best part don't have to pay taxs on it.
So if someone can give me a price range on some you have.
Thanks

I think it was your spelling he was referring to:
Portable vs Protable

sorry i just gradutaied form the forth grade....LOL
I've been spelling wrong all week long must be off

sim.-ang.king":sloe9ork said:
Do any of you have some and use them. I would like to get one at one of my pasture that doesn't have a shed and is divided in 3 parts. So be nice to move from section to section during winter so I don't have to bring them home like I do now. Also be good to move to the fenced in feild and put them on corn stocks. Also the best part don't have to pay taxs on it.
So if someone can give me a price range on some you have.
Thanks

I've got portable corrals with a medina gate, 20 foot cut gate, sorting gates, chute and head gate. They are built out of 3 inch tube steel with 20 foot sheep panel welded on to them. Gates are 2 inch tube steel with cattle panel welded on. I can load it all on the flat bed in about 30 minutes and set it up in that time as well. You have to have a front bucket to load with when you leave and a bucket to unload with when you arrive. They are too heavy to man handle.

I've got a portable loafing shed on skids much like the one in the pictures. The structure is built out of 3 1/4" Unistrut galvanized channel I bought at auction dirt cheap. R panel walls and roof. Built it all myself and it will pin together or can be used seperate. Guess you could call it a double wide.

I use them on leased land and such. Have had many folks try to buy the working pens from me. I don't have many nickels invested but I do have a whole bunch of hours labor in them.

If a cow gets in trouble, I can fix her. These have gotten me out of a bind a few times.

I don't have one and don't know of anyone that does but have had similiar ideas about building one. I would be interested in others thoughs about how it would hold up in high winds since it isn't anchored in the ground. In Texas the wind tends to really blow.

J+ Cattle":37u6cmj3 said:
I don't have one and don't know of anyone that does but have had similiar ideas about building one. I would be interested in others thoughs about how it would hold up in high winds since it isn't anchored in the ground. In Texas the wind tends to really blow.

Don't see why a person couldn't use the same anchoring that is used to keep mobile homes from blowing over.

Drive T posts deep. Pull 'em out with the front bucket.

I use 6 T posts when I put both sheds together.

I had one shed unsecured and the wind got it. The next day I pulled it back up with the tractor and righted it. C clamps on the steel and chain did the trick. Some of the paint was scratched. I usually keep them anchored now or chained to a trailer.

Thanks for the advise and some ideas to swirl around in my head. I do have a shed building insight so once I get the money will probly get to work on it. Only thing will be making the skids for it but could make something up....Thanks guys

skids? Find an old mobile home that has been burned. Get the I beam from the frame. Mine were free.

Latest posts