project training

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionmanajb

Reaction score
Our 4-H club is having a project day for the members. We have several members new to the beef project and I would like to have an activity for them to work on during the session. Figured I'd have an outline of a show steer with some of the body parts highlighted and then they could try and ID them. The one that does the best wins a small prize.However, I'm having an issue finding a good outline to use. I searched the web and the ones I found have most every body part ID'd. A fair number of which the kids will never hear talked about in the showring. I'm also concerned that it will be a bit overwhelming for the young kids.What I'm going to do is make my own with some of the basic parts ID'd. Does anyone have either a profile of a showsteer or can post up a link to a profile that would work. Perhaps someone would even have what I'm looking for.
Thanks.

Print off the best one that you have found. White out the body part ID leaving the line that points to the part of the animal. Scan it and you will have your test form. Then give the kids a copy of the one that shows the correct identification for their record books.

http://www.geauga4h.org/beef/beef_body.htm
At our 6 county fair every year we have a mandatory Skillathon for all exibitors on their prespective project. Mine was always cattle. That is the exact one we used on that link. We had blanks and the parts were on lamanated paper next to the picture. We had 2 minutes to place them correctly.

Latest posts