Priefert Squeeze Chutes..anyone with advice

Help Support CattleToday:

RNW

Reaction score
looking at a few models of Priefert Squeeze Chutes..S01..S04..S0191 anyone had any experience with these. thanks for any info

I have the S04 and it has worked great. My wife is the one that runs it though, I run the cattle up the alley and she catches them.

looking at a few models of Priefert Squeeze Chutes..S01..S04..S0191 anyone had any experience with these. thanks for any info
Are you located any where in east texas. Priefert has a scratch and dent outlet. Good buys on gates and equipment. I was over there today and bought a 14 heavy gate for 162 dollars. Been about ten years since I had been there go around the Marvin Priefert loop and you will find the entrance to the plant on your right and entrance to the ranch on the left. Plant good chance covers over two hundred acres and they are still building.

Are you located any where in east texas. Priefert has a scratch and dent outlet. Good buys on gates and equipment. I was over there today and bought a 14 heavy gate for 162 dollars. Been about ten years since I had been there go around the Marvin Priefert loop and you will find the entrance to the plant on your right and entrance to the ranch on the left. Plant good chance covers over two hundred acres and they are still building.
That is a good price for a 14' heavy-duty. They are more than twice that here.

We have the S01. Works great. Daughter and wife run the chute. If I was doing again though would spend the extra on the 04. Our big cows struggle going through and I like the scissor tailgate better than the slide. We usually just worm and spray cows in alley though so not a big problem

We use the SO4 the most for banding calves. I think birddog or some one recommended it here. That has been the best thing. #250-350 is kind of the sweet spot.

Only thing I with is I could push a button and raise it to the desired height. 😄 I'm a big guy and getting down on the ground under those calves can wear you out.

thanks for the info..i am in Mississippi

We have the S01. Works great. Daughter and wife run the chute. If I was doing again though would spend the extra on the 04. Our big cows struggle going through and I like the scissor tailgate better than the slide. We usually just worm and spray cows in alley though so not a big problem
thank you..thats the advice im looking for

We use a SO4 with the dolly and it has been good. At the time it seemed like the best bang for the buck squeeze and it has been worth it.
thanks...when you say the dolly..what is that?

I have an SO1 with the HG91 headgate. I like it. Simple, seems to be reasonably durable, cost effective, gets the job done... BUT, I do wish I had the SO4 instead (larger, a couple nicer features). Not the fanciest chutes out there, but dependable for what you want/need them to do. You can overpay for bells and whistles that you don't really need, IMO... not that some of those higher end features of the more expensive chutes aren't "nice to have". User friendly, if you ask me. The design of the headgate in particular is as good as or better than most... self catching or manually operated, it works well.

I got this one "barely used", and "right", so couldn't pass it up. The guy had advertised it as an SO4. When I got there, I pointed out that it was the smaller SO1 version... It was totally just like a brand new one in every way, paint and all, and had the "transport" (dolly for hauling it around) with it too... and I got it for $1500... can't beat that. A new SO4 up here now is around $5000, a new SO1 is $3800. The transport will run you almost another $1000 I think.

Last edited:
The wishbone looking trailer so you can move it.

View attachment 28047
Ever taken it down the highway? White knuckles on the wheel, watching that thing fishtail behind you - while going no more than 50 mph. And it's been beached since we bought it. If we need to move it around the barnyard, we use the pallet forks on the track loader.

There are a gazillion threads of Priefert chutes vs. the others if you want to take the time to search. Our Priefert works just fine, which is great because it's my least favorite & rarely used. Second fave is the Titan and I'm in love with our Arrowquip. Comparing prices? Priefert has gone up considerably but haven't noticed an increase in the quality or functionality.

There are a gazillion threads of Priefert chutes vs. the others if you want to take the time to search. Our Priefert works just fine, which is great because it's my least favorite & rarely used. Second fave is the Titan and I'm in love with our Arrowquip. Comparing prices? Priefert has gone up considerably but haven't noticed an increase in the quality or functionality.
It was wild at first. Priefert had me let the air out of the tires down to like #10-15. As soon as I did that it pulls smooth as silk. I don't run with the palp cage through and only about 60mph or so. I stoll don't quite trust it.

Last week my son and I banded calves and pulled it 50mph, 8 miles down a county road, from one place to the next, behind a CanAm defender. 😄

If I have to go further I put the palp cage in the bed of my F150 and pull it with the tailgate down.

For long, long trips I put it on a trailer behind an atv or utv.

Latest posts