Priefert Squeeze Chute Wheel attachment ?

Help Support CattleToday:

machslammer

Reaction score
They delivered our chute and the wheel attachment kit. My question is how and where does this flimsy looking bar, with the sliding holes in the ends for the receiver part, go? Most I've seen go on the back of other chutes, but saw a pick of a priefert one with the back part of the wheel kit only going half way back the chute. Can't find any pics online or instructions for that piece anywhere. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Gene

There are better chutes out there. We had one for a little while and hated it. Maybe they've gotten better. I'd buy a Pearson or a couple others over a Priefert any day.

There is a bar that mounts to the chute that it slides into. The dolly has swivels on it, you pull it down and hook up... One person job

We had a priefert once, it lacked a lot to be desired. They may have improved tremendously since then. However, we have a portable For-Most chute now....no comparison.

We really like our preifert chute except the auto catch feature.. Not figured it out to where it will release when a cow hits it... Takes more power than i can provide to release it right now....suggestions?

machslammer":fj4s2rh4 said:
We really like our preifert chute except the auto catch feature.. Not figured it out to where it will release when a cow hits it... Takes more power than i can provide to release it right now....suggestions?
Set it so that the hole is just barely on the pin, if the cow doesn;t trip it a quick tap of the handle will release it.

The problem becomes when i work them alone getting them to walk in there and the n having to trip it... I sampled some at the Co op around here and i could hit the inside of the does with both hands and it would release..the one we got sent to us takes more power than i have to make it release..

machslammer":3ohc6up2 said:
The problem becomes when i work them alone getting them to walk in there and the n having to trip it... I sampled some at the Co op around here and i could hit the inside of the does with both hands and it would release..the one we got sent to us takes more power than i have to make it release..
Slacken the tension on those big springs that pull it shut. The only ones that hit it anymore are the calves and those I manual catch anyway. The others just stick there head through and stand there.

My Priefert "91" headgate is the same way. Hard for it to release in auto, if running light weights thru. I guess Preifert ships them all pre-set for mature cows or at least yearlings. I'll try to adjust it--Thanks Dun.

I bought a Priefert Squeeze Chute a few days ago. I adjusted the spring tension and filed/sanded/greased the release points on the auto gate catches and with very little effort with my hands can trigger the gate to auto shut. I haven't set it up yet, but I believe my dog if he hits it hard could trip it.
7orp.jpg

Latest posts