Priefert panels

Help Support CattleToday:

milesvb

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a tempory pen and thinking of using these: http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/product ... _NO=UP12BN

Anyone have experience with this particular panel?

My intention was to get four of the premier panels to use for the loading chute and use the balance of these lighter panels for the rest of the pen. The pen would be used for acclimating or gathering heifers in a remote pasture or in case of a sick/injured animal that needs to be loaded when we can't get them to the main pens.

Thanks.

there is no way TSC panels are "just as good" as Priefert. Look at the welds, the guage of the metal, etc.

I like to support Priefert, too. In natural disasters, they are always first on the scene with their portable panels and chutes and cowboys to help out.

Just my opinion. ;-)

Priefert used to have just 2 grades of panels, then they came out with a lighter weight one and apparantly the middle weights are gone. The heavy weights are excellent panels but a determined cow can still bend them. The older middle weight panels are a good panel for general use unless you get a knothead, then they'll pretzelfy them pretty quick. For the less expensive panels we use Midwest, they're not quite as heavy as the Preifert middle weights but heavier then the lighter ones. The draw back is they use fixed pins to connect them. I just use a torch and burn the pin out then drop a length of 1/2 inch rebar through the loops. If they're going to be way out of wack I hook chaine around them with a double ended snap

dun

dun":3m0oc9zz said:
Priefert used to have just 2 grades of panels, then they came out with a lighter weight one and apparantly the middle weights are gone. The heavy weights are excellent panels but a determined cow can still bend them. The older middle weight panels are a good panel for general use unless you get a knothead, then they'll pretzelfy them pretty quick. For the less expensive panels we use Midwest, they're not quite as heavy as the Preifert middle weights but heavier then the lighter ones. The draw back is they use fixed pins to connect them. I just use a torch and burn the pin out then drop a length of 1/2 inch rebar through the loops. If they're going to be way out of wack I hook chaine around them with a double ended snap

dun

I'm pretty much stuck on Priefert because of the chain hookup. I've used borrowed panels like these before for my stated purpose and liked them. These were like the Premier grade except they were galvanized. Apparently Priefert doesn't offer galvanized anymore. I was just wondering if anyone had used the round tube lighter weight panels by Priefert.

Miles, that sounds like a good plan. I've got the Priefert OS-4 sweep and alley with the S04 chute and am real happy with it. The idea of using PP panels for the alley and the cheaper panels for the pen makes sense to me. Also would be easier to heft the lighter weight panels as the use is for temporary pens. I get plum worn out hefting the 12' PP panels around as they weigh 100 lbs a piece.

Go with the #PPGY-12 Panels. Heavier Duty, I just bought a 180 degree Priefert Sweep, and used 4 of them going to the chute. Broke in the whole new shootin' match in yesterday. No less than thrilled. When you chain them together with the alley frames, you have one sturdy set up.

Crowder,

I just setup my Priefert sweep system over the last few of weeks. When I originally purchased it I was a bit skeptical but after using it a few times, I'm really impressed with it. The alley frames and the PP panels along with my S04 squeeze make for a great, portable setup. I don't plan on moving mine as it's now part of my coral system (railroad ties/cattle panels/2x6s), but I think I'll expand with additional Priefert panels moving forward.

twabscs":3b6unxb6 said:
Crowder,

I just setup my Priefert sweep system over the last few of weeks. When I originally purchased it I was a bit skeptical but after using it a few times, I'm really impressed with it. The alley frames and the PP panels along with my S04 squeeze make for a great, portable setup. I don't plan on moving mine as it's now part of my coral system (railroad ties/cattle panels/2x6s), but I think I'll expand with additional Priefert panels moving forward.
IMHO, It's the best stuff on the market today.I've found the quality to be exceptional. I was a little skeptical too, until we put it all together, and tried it out. I highly recommend Priefert products.

ROCKSPRINGS":105t0uc2 said:
Have never used Priefert Panels, However you can get some just as good for half the price at Tractor Supply.

I sincerely doubt it. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for.

Latest posts