Solar panels on house roof.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Several local Amish have just installed them and they told me a local guy, I think Amish, is installing them. I have one neighbor who built a 4 story house off the grid. He put an elevator in. He took me through it as pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I sure wish I had bought a bunch of Tesla stock when they IPO'd in 2010 at just under $4/share. Currently at over $1000/share.
Wish in one hand and poop in the other and we know which fills up 1st.......

Tesla, Inc. is an American electric vehicle and clean energy company based in Austin, Texas, United States. Tesla designs and manufactures electric cars, battery energy storage from home to grid-scale, solar panels and solar roof tiles, and related products and services.

Before investing in solar check your area to see how high on the percentage chart your location is for average hours of winter sunshine.
Two locations 700 miles apart might have the same yearly temperature average and one have low hanging clouds on the same day
the other has nothing buy blue sky. I would give the front range of Colorado and central Missouri as an example of available sunshine.

My house where I live is totally off the grid. I have a bit of a hotch potch lot of older solar panels but don't know how many or how many watts but they work well. I have them on a free standing frame out the back near my battery shed. I'm not afraid to run the generator when needed on over cast days but don't charge the batteries with it just run the house, it is only a 2400 watt Yamaha and is economical to run but big enough to start up the pump. I have a 2nd house on another block closer to town that is on the grid. I rent this house out but just recently had 7.5kw of panels put on it. The power bill with the previous tennant was around $800/quarter and I recently asked the tennants how it was going and the 1st quarter they got a credit of $25 and the next quarter a credit of $40. The sparky set it up with a timer on the hot water so the panels heat the hot water during the day, acts like a storage battery. The money you get for the power going back to the grid is a lot less than what you pay them for the power so it is best to maximise your useage during the day.

Latest posts