Price of Gas -vs- Printer Ink

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
The price of Gas versus Printer Ink

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....
You will be really shocked by the last one!
Compared with Gasoline......
Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.
Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ...... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...
Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...............(you won't believe it....but it is true........) $5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump,be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer Ink!

Very interesting numbers but the thing to remember is that with most of those products, you don't use nearly as much of them as with gas. It takes gas just to get to work to make money to guy gas along with everything else.

TexasBred":1quu346t said:

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source

30 cents more for water than Tea.

Anyone remember water fountains at gas stations?

My uncle asked me to pull into a gas station a few years back. Cokes were on sale and you could get two cokes for the price of bottled water. He wanted water. He got back in the truck with nothing. He had decided to wait until we got home.

backhoeboogie":1s4dk8za said:
TexasBred":1s4dk8za said:

30 cents more for water than Tea.

Anyone remember water fountains at gas stations?

My uncle asked me to pull into a gas station a few years back. Cokes were on sale and you could get two cokes for the price of bottled water. He wanted water. He got back in the truck with nothing. He had decided to wait until we got home.
Heck I remember water fountains at gas station, free water for the radiator and free air for the tires. Check your oil, wash the windows all the way around...whatever it took.....plus a nice clean restroom if you needed it. All for $.299. All that other stuff on the list, most of us buy and call it "groceries". :lol2:

Latest posts