Preg-Alert Pro for Livestock

Help Support CattleToday:

Chapin81

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this device??does it work??

Not sure how accurate that would be if they had an infection with the way it works. And you have to wait to 90 days to get a reading which would limit you from the outset. But quite cheap compared to ultrasound machines.

Not sure how accurate that would be if they had an infection with the way it works. And you have to wait to 90 days to get a reading which would limit you from the outset. But quite cheap compared to ultrasound machines.
Thanks for the input. Yes ultra sound machines seem very expensive. Excuse my ignorance but how would it affect the way it works if the heifer/cow has an infection, thanks in advance.

Renco> electronics based in Rockledge FL with facilities in the U S and China 120 employees
Parent Company Standex International -Trade Symbol SXI started trading Nov 2017 +5000 employees (across all divisions?)
Subsidary> Coils Unlimited Inc
Phone # 800-419-9524 Checks out OK for Valley Vet 1118 Pony Express Highway, Marysville KS
I have not attempted to find information on Owners and Principal Stockholders as that can be more involved.
I did not check for a financial statement as well.. Good Luck

Thanks for the input. Yes ultra sound machines seem very expensive. Excuse my ignorance but how would it affect the way it works if the heifer/cow has an infection, thanks in advance.
From my take on it the system they use seems to work on amniotic fluid as a base, if there was an infection with fluid in uterus would that disrupt the reading? That was my initial thoughts.

RE Renco The best accuracy for the pregnancy tester for cattle that I ran across were in the 70's(percentile) and that was for the 1st trimester only.
Accuracy fell off after that. Caveat There may be other and better models of pregnancy testers and thus better results.
There are some fairly large purebred cattle breeders in Kansas and some of them may have some expereience with the product since
it appears the product is marketed from Marysville KS. It's your call.

RE Renco The best accuracy for the pregnancy tester for cattle that I ran across were in the 70's(percentile) and that was for the 1st trimester only.
Accuracy fell off after that. Caveat There may be other and better models of pregnancy testers and thus better results.
There are some fairly large purebred cattle breeders in Kansas and some of them may have some expereience with the product since
it appears the product is marketed from Marysville KS. It's your call.
Thank you for the info.

I've never seen this specific machine, but the problem with ones like it is that in order to be accurate a person needs to be pretty skilled at placing the probe. The uterus in cattle isn't fixed in position like it is for most animals; it can be anywhere on the pelvic floor or falling down into the abdomen. In order for this machine to work, you've got to be sure you're directing it at the the uterus, and not the bladder, rumen, etc. If you're good enough inside the cow to reliably identify the uterus, you're only half a step from being able to preg check by hand and don't need that machine.

I've never seen this specific machine, but the problem with ones like it is that in order to be accurate a person needs to be pretty skilled at placing the probe. The uterus in cattle isn't fixed in position like it is for most animals; it can be anywhere on the pelvic floor or falling down into the abdomen. In order for this machine to work, you've got to be sure you're directing it at the the uterus, and not the bladder, rumen, etc. If you're good enough inside the cow to reliably identify the uterus, you're only half a step from being able to preg check by hand and don't need
I've never seen this specific machine, but the problem with ones like it is that in order to be accurate a person needs to be pretty skilled at placing the probe. The uterus in cattle isn't fixed in position like it is for most animals; it can be anywhere on the pelvic floor or falling down into the abdomen. In order for this machine to work, you've got to be sure you're directing it at the the uterus, and not the bladder, rumen, etc. If you're good enough inside the cow to reliably identify the uterus, you're only half a step from being able to preg check by hand and don't need that machine.
Long term it would probably be best to check by hand and have my manager trained.. thank you for providing the input on anatomy of the cows organs. I'm going to call them and ask.. with the info you provided at least now I know what to ask.

Latest posts