Portable Band Saw

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
When buying blades for portable band saws. I noticed you select the number of teeth per inch of blade and of course the right lenght , width, thickness.

How many teeth per inch do you need to cut 2 7/8 drill stem ?

And i am looking at buying a dewalt brand saw that plugs in over a cordless saw.

Any opinions on saw brands and blade for them ?

Thanks Silver i will do that but although I have used portable band saws. It was always saws belonging to people that worked for and never had to buy blades for them. So i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to buying replacement blades for them.

Read reviews on the saws themselves and am leaning toward Dewalt brand saw.

Did purchase a 4000 psi pressure washer with a Cat 5CP triplex ceramic plunger belt drive pump. Honda engine. North Star brand. Looking forward to when it arrives to try it out.

I think you can buy those Diablo blades for about $30. Been meaning to get one myself since I watch the neighbour cut 2 7/8" pipe like butter with a circular saw. Here is a youtube video showing a guy cutting railroad rail.

Sorry, I don't have any working knowledge of band saw blades.

I think you can buy those Diablo blades for about $30. Been meaning to get one myself since I watch the neighbour cut 2 7/8" pipe like butter with a circular saw. Here is a youtube video showing a guy cutting railroad rail.

Sorry, I don't have any working knowledge of band saw blades.

Dang !!! Now that is impressive !!! I will have to give that a try sometime. Thanks Silver.

Bandsaws are handy to have and you can roll right thru tubing. I would try the blade that comes on it and go from there. Try a google search. If you have a true tool store in the area, not home depot, they may be able to help. I dont think it takes any thing special. We have cut thousands of feet of tubing with my dads and I can assure you he isn't buying any fancy blades.

Cant go wrong with Dewalt IMO.

You want 3 teeth always engaged with the material, the thinner it is, the more teeth you want.

14tpi is a pretty good do-all, unless you're cutting really thin tubing.

I have never tried Diablo, but Bauer from Harbor Freight and DeWalt are pretty good.

Latest posts