Battery powered pole saw question

Help Support CattleToday:

Little more off topic. Unless you are all in on green energy and I know the topic is about battery power, cry once and get a Stihl HT 131 pole saw. I have worked on different models of these and this one has bearings all the way down the shaft unlike all the others I have worked on. I put a couple parts in one last fall, including a new non safety chain, for a neighbor and tested it out in my yard. It is a Cadilac.

I have this one and it is definitely nice.

You like the chain and bar better than the circular blade like the powerline folks use?
I've never ran the saw blade type. I have seen it used. I think it would be mission specific on which is best. The hydraulic chain saw is very impressive. Nothing like a gas saw.
For surgical time trimming of limbs I think it should be superior. I bought it for a job not far from you. I needed to trim trees that were around a overhead phone line before I sheared them. About 1.5 miles worth. I just figured the cost into the bid. It's perfect for limbing up the big post oaks around my house.

Off topic even more but that looks like a great fishing light.
We use to take lights to the coast and put them on rods in the bay. We had shorter rods with loops that you put extension cords through to go back to the shoreline, to a generator. We felt like we were rigging up for Aerosmith.

That one little light will probably outshine all that. 😄

I'm late to the party, but I bought a Craftsman battery powered saw a few years ago. It's not very heavy, and has held up well.

I have a Stihl and a Dewalt; I prefer the Stihl for the balance is much better than the Dewalt.

I've never ran the saw blade type. I have seen it used. I think it would be mission specific on which is best. The hydraulic chain saw is very impressive. Nothing like a gas saw.
For surgical time trimming of limbs I think it should be superior. I bought it for a job not far from you. I needed to trim trees that were around a overhead phone line before I sheared them. About 1.5 miles worth. I just figured the cost into the bid. It's perfect for limbing up the big post oaks around my house.
They (power companies and the guys they hire 3rd party) use the hydraulic circular blade almost exclusively back in E Tx for all limbs along powerlines,.. pine and hardwood. I'm sure it is very pricy but it's a thing of destruction and amazing to watch. Just a touch by the blade and the limb is down.