Poor man's program...

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS":1jc34z9b said:
Merry Christmas EC!!

I whole-heartedly approve of your herd management protocols, just so long as the cows you are acquiring and their calves are in concert, genetically and phenotypically, with your future goals plans. And I assume that they are. This is one of the most economically prudent methods of acquiring genetics that will go a long way toward enhancing your future agenda. The next critical step is to focus on balancing your herd genetics by using Multiple Trait Bull Selection Choices on ALL of your females.

I think - GOOD FOR YOU!

I think - that you will have a very Profitable 2015!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks Doc, and Merry Christmas!

Steve, those two 15 year olds are half sisters and out of an old 1992 model bull that did a lot of good for the program the girls are coming from. I do consider them to be the right size and kind. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping a good bull from either. I've just been hoping for heifers. Part of that desire is also related to the bull to whom the girls are bred. He's had some exceptional daughters.

The 13 year old, as I mentioned, has raised several good bulls that have made good money over the years...almost to the point that, if it was a bull, it was a keeper and a good one. I'm planning to A.I. her to a 1/2 brother of one of the bulls she raised so many good bulls from. I'll be hoping for a bull calf then.

Latest posts