Poor Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
So I have a female Black Lab (my best buddy) and she's in heat now.

Down the road my neighbors have this little furball male Pomeranian or whatever the heck its called.

Last Night my dog went missing for about 1.5 hours which is very unusual so I hop on the 4-wheeler and go hunting for her.
Found her out in the back pasture with that little furball. He was soaking wet and shivering and don't think he knew how to get back home lol so I picked him up and run him back to the neighbors.

Today I'm out burning brush and here comes my Lab with that little furball following her down the road lol.

He's trying for all he's worth to do his thing with my lab and he just plain can't get it done....isnt tall enough lol.
My dog stands there for him and I gotta laugh cause all he's been able to do is leave drool on my labs side cause thats all he can reach standing on his back legs.

Anyhow thats gotta be demoralizing for a male of any species :lol: . He gets an A for effort though...I thought he was gonna have a dog stroke or something he was trying so hard.

Well actually she's 4 years old and was spayed as a puppy...this is her first time ever in heat...natures funny like that.

As far as lettin her run around in heat? She is by my side 24 hours a day which is why I knew something was funny when she disappeared for an hour and a half.

The neighbors dog was on my place....it wasn't my dog running the countryside.

I just thought it was funny the little guy trying so hard, sorry you didn't see any humor in it.

Saltydawg":2i7mp7oj said:
Well actually she's 4 years old and was spayed as a puppy...this is her first time ever in heat...natures funny like that.

As far as lettin her run around in heat? She is by my side 24 hours a day which is why I knew something was funny when she disappeared for an hour and a half.

I just thought it was funny the little guy trying so hard, sorry you didn't see any humor in it.
Saltydawg, Since when do spayed females come in heat?

Saltydawg":3k9dfnf7 said:

Huh???

Spayed = uterus, ovaries, etc, all removed. Spayed *ahem* -board doesn't like the real word- female should NOT be able to come into actual heat.

Now...yes I can see the humor in the situation, as I've seen many dogs that were actually the same size not being able to figure it out. LOL. Shucks, I have a young Lab pup here that tries to breed one of my older Labs, and she's been out of standing heat for a month now. :lol: She stands - with this look of extreme patience for the brainless youngster - but her tail convienetly between her legs.

But, either your Lab is not spayed and she's in standing heat, or she is spayed and has something like a UTI (urinary tract infection) - been told that attracts males almost as much as a b- in estrus.

Crowderfarms":gx4j3ddf said:
Saltydawg":gx4j3ddf said:

Saltydawg, Since when do spayed females come in heat?

Dang you beat me to it.

Scotty

Since my 4 yr old Black Lab who was spayed at 6 mos of age just came in to heat.

I can't explain it.

4years old and never had puppies nor been in heat until 2 days ago.

Oh and she was standing for him....little guy just wasn't big enough to mount a 90lb Lab lol.

edit: Oh and she is licensed with her rabies shots and spayed. I have the receipts still on record with her license info from the vet. I plan on taking her back to the vet cause I'm sure he'll find it interesting. Same vet I've used for years, have no reason to believe he would have billed me for something he didn't actually do.

Saltydawg":zfplq80d said:

with 10 years of experience with showing dogs (obedience, agility) and teaching dog training classes - I have never heard of a spayed dog being in heat -
did you just miss-speak or is your dog really in heat?
if yes and she is spayed - I'd take her to the vet - she is probably quite sick with an infection like someone else said -

otherwise - it was probably just a little dog trying to dominate her - you know the Napoleon Syndrome - but it is a pretty funny story - one for America's Funniest Videos - (ok the adult version)

Friend of mine had a male Lab and some kind of little tiny foofoo female dog. When she was in heat everytime he'ld get in position and use his front legs to push her back she'ld get thrown between his hinds legs and he'ld have to chase around and get lined up again. That was one frustrated Lab

I've never heard of a spayed dog coming in heat..... but anyway my dad's neighbor has Coon hounds that he keeps in chain link pens. My dad's Daschund mix went to visit one of the coon hounds that was in heat. The neighbor came over and told dad what he had seen. The coon hound laid down with her rear up against the chain link pen and the Daschund bred her through the pen. They had one really pretty puppy. The neighbor laughed his butt off. This is a true story.

Beefy":2tdovxqi said:
only one? only one pup or were the others not pretty?
:D :D :D lol

I´ve seen a border collie girl with a jack russel boy ones....that was one thing to see. she would stand there and he jumped on her and breed her with his hind legs swinging about 1/2 feet above the earth... got funny looking puppies, thought ;-)

I've got a weiner walker dog.. My kids weiner dog bred my Walker gyp. He's actually a pretty good looking pup.

This post reminds me of a joke my Dad always told me when I was a kid.
Did you here about the beagle that bred that St Bernard?

Somebody put him up to it! :lol:

milkmaid":2s2vjk4c said:
But, either your Lab is not spayed and she's in standing heat, or she is spayed and has something like a UTI (urinary tract infection) - been told that attracts males almost as much as a b- in estrus.

I'll go with the UTI. It happened to my sister's Aussie.

Oh, and my Chow was bred by a coyote many years ago before I had her spayed.