Dog cant drive

Help Support CattleToday:

:cboy: At least it doesn't look like it went in the water far enough to fill the cab with water. I usually put my truck's shift lever in the "P" position. seems to work great there.

I couldnt get a pic of him in the front seat as he went bye bye...
It's a manual tranny.
ALL my park brakes work. I got pretty old junk, but I keep things operating correctly. Lol
Form follows function....
Brain fart that day.
Fortunately when the front wheels hit the soft edge it came to a stop. Pretty amazing really. He was moving at a pretty good clip, smiling the whole way!
Hahahaha!

Nesikep said:
farm trucks have a park brake???

I can't remember having a pickup with a working parking brake. Just shift into low and shut it off when parking. My dog just sleeps when I am out of the truck. Come to think of it my dog sleeps when I am in the truck too.

Now that it's over & apparently no damage, it's hilarious!

Reminds me of probably 9 or 10 years ago. Hubby & I took both Polaris' out to feed, herd was split in 2 groups. Parked at the "Y" going to the central pasture (flat ground) and I got in with him to feed the south pasture, left mine there. Came back and my ride was gone. Da He!!?? Well, my bad. Didn't set the parking break (when they still had them) and the 2nd group of cows evidently came up from the draw for the buckets of cubes in the bed. Pushed my Polaris all the way down the draw where it ended up in the low woods, wedged between 2 trees & suspended on a boulder. There may have been profanities.

So here's the whole story. Pic below.
We were walking/running this ornery lil snot along the fence with 2 trucks. U know how it goes, one behind, one beside.
After about the 3rd time of him outsmarting us, we stopped to re-group. I got out the truck. Left wife and dog in truck. Didnt set brake. Left it in neutral, running.

Hes the mini hereford on the left. Weighed about 500 or so. About 2 years old. Worthless lil so and so anyway.

He made the BEST hamburgers!!

The first mistake was running a steer with a couple pickups. That rarely works. Most of the time they will out maneuver you.

Dave said:
The first mistake was running a steer with a couple pickups. That rarely works. Most of the time they will out maneuver you.

First mistake was my buddy buying that worthless lil turd!! Lmao

He was one of those animals that just would not do what everyone else was doing. High strung lil snot.

Good times!
Good times!

Dave said:

While I agree it's not the best tactic..... with enough practice you can dang near perfect the technique. Not many horses in GA so we've got it down pretty well. Try hard to save it until absolutely necessary though bc is much rather lead them than chase them. Sometimes it becomes inevitable.

I herd the cattle on my old XR500 dirt bike, they know when it's going Putt-putt putt putt.. they're doing what they're supposed to.. If I rev it and i'm wheelie-ing across the field, they better find the right gate, they'll run out of breath before I do!

Nesikep said:
I herd the cattle on my old XR500 dirt bike, they know when it's going Putt-putt putt putt.. they're doing what they're supposed to.. If I rev it and i'm wheelie-ing across the field, they better find the right gate, they'll run out of breath before I do!

My gawd! That sounds like fun!!
I've chased a few on the ol 4 wheeler.
I've flipped the ol 4 wheeler too... lol

MurraysMutts said:
Nesikep said:

My gawd! That sounds like fun!!
I've chased a few on the ol 4 wheeler.
I've flipped the ol 4 wheeler too... lol
It kinda is, but I'm often using language that would make a sailor blush!.. the 4 wheelers are way too clutzy to chase cows with and don't have nearly the acceleration and power of that old bike

MurraysMutts said:
A friend had an Honda 650 dual sport.
That thing was strong strong machine!
Just roll the throttle and bring the front wheel up...
I need a bigger pasture

this is pretty much the same bike.. they do run out of breath a little on the top end if you're really pushing it, but they grunt out of the hole like nothing else

A good rear tires is essential in wet grass! I've found the Dunlop D606 to be an excellent tire, lasts forever even riding in shale and rock, aggressive enough to do alright in sand and mud.. it's even DOT legal! Bit more money than other tires but I've found it's money well spent, I've put 2 years on it and it's still in really good shape

Latest posts