• I breed to make CASH

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • I breed to Keep up with the jones's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I breed to the current niche

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I breed to help make my association get RICH

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I breed to get as many animals registered as I can no matter the composition.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
True Grit Farms":17kyaabd said:
Brute 23":17kyaabd said:
Brute 23":17kyaabd said:
Is that you?

I'm guessing not. Don't be impressed by fancy websites and shiny cows. There is no correlation between those two and the amount of money in his bank account. Its just as easy to loose money on 5 head as 500.... 100ac or 100,000 ac.

You could be right, time will tell.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. ;-)

callmefence":28ef5w2v said:
True Grit Farms":28ef5w2v said:
Brute 23":28ef5w2v said:
I'm guessing not. Don't be impressed by fancy websites and shiny cows. There is no correlation between those two and the amount of money in his bank account. Its just as easy to loose money on 5 head as 500.... 100ac or 100,000 ac.

You could be right, time will tell.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. ;-)

That is one of my favorite sayings.

WalnutCrest":2lym3xm8 said:
Brute 23":2lym3xm8 said:
I believe the proper term is "Goat Farmer" :lol: That use to be a joke when I was younger. We would call each other goat farmers.

Have several friends that run a lot of goats. It's a real PIA. High input costs between fencing and the mortality rates. Way too much for a lazy guy like me.

I have a friend (well, "friend" is a stretch ... a guy I like a lot and have known for several years but don't see or talk to often) who raises sheep with his cattle.

He told me that it took several years of dying before he got in the sheep business. He doesn't worm or vaccinate, but his flick looks great. He's developed a strain that's fairly impervious to his environmental pressures. The only help he gives them is with two herd dogs.
They get no respect at all lol. I've got field fence prices down to $304 for a quarter mile of 47" field fence stretched over existing fences beyond repair. Natural selection is best and hair sheep have a higher survival rate than goats. I suppose I do everything backwards though :2cents:

RanchMan90":ff3l1cek said:
WalnutCrest":ff3l1cek said:
Brute 23":ff3l1cek said:
I believe the proper term is "Goat Farmer" :lol: That use to be a joke when I was younger. We would call each other goat farmers.

Have several friends that run a lot of goats. It's a real PIA. High input costs between fencing and the mortality rates. Way too much for a lazy guy like me.

I have a friend (well, "friend" is a stretch ... a guy I like a lot and have known for several years but don't see or talk to often) who raises sheep with his cattle.

He told me that it took several years of dying before he got in the sheep business. He doesn't worm or vaccinate, but his flick looks great. He's developed a strain that's fairly impervious to his environmental pressures. The only help he gives them is with two herd dogs.
They get no respect at all lol. I've got field fence prices down to $304 for a quarter mile of 47" field fence stretched over existing fences beyond repair. Natural selection is best and hair sheep have a higher survival rate than goats. I suppose I do everything backwards though :2cents:

You'll roll new fence over old for $304 per quarter mile?

WalnutCrest":1z6hq8gg said:
RanchMan90":1z6hq8gg said:
WalnutCrest":1z6hq8gg said:

Yes

WalnutCrest":1pyudub4 said:
RanchMan90":1pyudub4 said:
WalnutCrest":1pyudub4 said:

That's like half of free????

callmefence":clzu7vx3 said:
WalnutCrest":clzu7vx3 said:
RanchMan90":clzu7vx3 said:

Ok steel and wire seconds yard in Madill, OK. I've yet to find a mis-tie in netting. Some rolls may just be odd lengths. $76 a roll sold by weight.

RanchMan90":kxcbce6j said:
callmefence":kxcbce6j said:
WalnutCrest":kxcbce6j said:

Ok steel and wire seconds yard in Madill, OK. I've yet to find a mis-tie in netting. Some rolls may just be odd lengths. $76 a roll sold by weight.

Well. That's certainly cheap enough.

callmefence":32mfc2em said:
RanchMan90":32mfc2em said:
callmefence":32mfc2em said:

Well. That's certainly cheap enough.
Maybe it could help a guy out making a living installing it. I could throw it on with a load of goats bound for Hamilton or Goldwaite.

RanchMan90":26wru3q5 said:
WalnutCrest":26wru3q5 said:
RanchMan90":26wru3q5 said:

Yes

Color me interested.

Brute 23":34uelofw said:

Up here the term was "Goat Roper"

Son of Butch":2hr46t2a said:
Brute 23":2hr46t2a said:

Up here the term was "Goat Roper"
I've heard that term used as well, besides the rodeo meaning for it.

Latest posts