POLL, please respond!

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you sick of political discussion, comment on CT?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Limomike":d10xetvs said:
I voted NO because I am not sick of political discussion... its part of our cattle business, AND our lives. Discussion is good if it stays that way..

Thanks for voting Mike and keeping it non personal. Who knows maybe Macon will read this and change the look of his forum to accomidate those folks that want to have political commentary and discussion.

Massey135":3d65v629 said:
M5farm":3d65v629 said:
In our current situation in this country we need political debate. As a proud American we need to offer facts and figures as to why the current occupiers of the white house and congress need to be unemployed. If each of us bases our discussion on facts we may be able to persuade someone to make an educated choice come November. I will give my opinion but will always tell someone no matter what political view you have. Make your choice based on truths and not emotion. We are at a turning point and the younger generation doesn't understand the consequences. My personal goal this year is to vote out as many incumbents as we can. And if you don't vote don't bit(h.
I need some feedback... In my business relations, I would say among the people I know pulling in >$200k - about half are Obama supporters.. Among some of the guys I know making <$50k - maybe 10% are Obama supporters. Now I've always voted strait ticket republican. That being said, I have to ask myself, "is there something I'm missing?"

The president of our company said just the other day, " my financial adviser called and said as a result of the newly implemented obamacare, that because I can now reallocate the funds I had saved for healthcare into other avenues, that I will now be able to retire 3 yrs sooner."

How is it that more wealthy people are now voting more democrat whereas the blue collar folk are now the staunch republicans?

What say you, CT?

This is actually quite simple as the Democratic party left the working man for special interest.
Everything they are for I am against. They are Anti God, Anti Gun, pro abortion, they are for gay right's Jose's right's Tyronne's right's everyone's right's but the white religous working man.
It is all a ploy to buy the vote's of the non working with the sweat of the working. The quikest way to destroy the country is for the people to become dependant on the government versus the government of the people.
Quite simply our way of life and belief's are under attack and portrayed as white trash that cling to our guns and religion.
A Republican today would have been a Democrat in my youth.

It is good to be informed. You cannot count on the media to inform you. You cannot count on the local coffee shop discussions because it all came down to the left and right coasts last time.

Ranchers.net does not have that input from both sides of the coin.

When I cast my vote, I want to know who to pick for every office. Seems we spend most of our time with just one name lately on all forums.

Macon makes the rules. He deletes threads. It seems most everyone has used control here in this forum.

It is going to be tragic if this nation divides itself again. Looks like it is in a collision course to do that. This time around states are trapped in the middle.

There are thousands of trigger happy people ready to go with the Republic of Texas right now. Tea Parties are going on all over the U.S. We can sit back and ignore it if we so choose. Why would we do that?

MistyMorning":2m89wame said:
Caustic Burno":2m89wame said:
Look's to me you are talking from the liberal side of the tree.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone posted that line. You just couldn't be more wrong Mr. Bruno. Since I follow the board RULES about waxing on political, folks that don't know me personally, wouldn't know my political leanings.

Don't read it and problem solved.
If you think you are going to stop political leanings in post you need to take an aspirin.

Caustic Burno":eu330p54 said:
MistyMorning":eu330p54 said:
Caustic Burno":eu330p54 said:

I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone posted that line. You just couldn't be more wrong Mr. Bruno. Since I follow the board RULES about waxing on political, folks that don't know me personally, wouldn't know my political leanings.

Don't read it and problem solved.

Virtually impossible to solve that problem since it goes on constantly in just about every forum.

If you think you are going to stop political leanings in post you need to take an aspirin

Or, maybe Macon will add that feature for folks. Or, maybe I don't need to frequent CT.

Lot's of people have come and gone.
That is a decision everyone has to make on there own.

Edit
In eight years the board has been here it has been embedded in the thread's it is not going to stop.

Massey135":c5zxbavm said:
M5farm":c5zxbavm said:
In our current situation in this country we need political debate. As a proud American we need to offer facts and figures as to why the current occupiers of the white house and congress need to be unemployed. If each of us bases our discussion on facts we may be able to persuade someone to make an educated choice come November. I will give my opinion but will always tell someone no matter what political view you have. Make your choice based on truths and not emotion. We are at a turning point and the younger generation doesn't understand the consequences. My personal goal this year is to vote out as many incumbents as we can. And if you don't vote don't bit(h.
I need some feedback... In my business relations, I would say among the people I know pulling in >$200k - about half are Obama supporters.. Among some of the guys I know making <$50k - maybe 10% are Obama supporters. Now I've always voted strait ticket republican. That being said, I have to ask myself, "is there something I'm missing?"

The president of our company said just the other day, " my financial adviser called and said as a result of the newly implemented obamacare, that because I can now reallocate the funds I had saved for healthcare into other avenues, that I will now be able to retire 3 yrs sooner."

How is it that more wealthy people are now voting more democrat whereas the blue collar folk are now the staunch republicans?
What say you, CT?
it didnt happen over night,, back when the Democrats actually worked for a living, the southern states were democrates... and believed in God and our Country.....

Misty, try not to let things get personal, although some of the immature comment that have been directed toward you it may be tough. Hang in there.

I really hope Macon will step in with his thoughts, again my biggest problem is ignoring the rules. The rule needs to be enforced, changed, but not ignored.

Alan

I'm not following you ala, based on the free mkt $, it seems pretty clear " whose values are working for whom".

Caustic Burno":2t2hmazy said:

Edit
In eight years the board has been here it has been embedded in the thread's it is not going to stop.

:secret: :secret: :secret: I'm trying very hard to mention your old sweethearts name, you know the long gone mod that you always flirted with ..... What was her name? :D

Massey135":1lqkx0gs said:
Sexual tensions real. I won't hold it against you. (No pun intended)

May be time to grow up a little.

Alan

Alan":17hqqdz4 said:
Caustic Burno":17hqqdz4 said:

Edit

:secret: :secret: :secret: I'm trying very hard to mention your old sweethearts name, you know the long gone mod that you always flirted with ..... What was her name? :D

Which time and which forum? She went by a bunch of different names.

Alan":3fpy94xz said:
Massey135":3fpy94xz said:
Sexual tensions real. I won't hold it against you. (No pun intended)

May be time to grow up a little.

Alan

You're right, Alan. Mature adults don't do that anymore. Silly kids. What was I thinking?

Alan":1738p0d6 said:
Caustic Burno":1738p0d6 said:

Edit

My sweet Frankie.
Caustic was born to fight her abuse of power not her opinon's as everyone is entitled to their's.
It was one of the greatest conspiracies ever hatched.
If you had any idea who had posted under that handle in the day you would loose your dip.
At one time there was a pile posting under the handle even another Mod.
She stayed as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar and madder than a hornet.

Edit the other's have all left and some have even died, lot's of turn over in the last eight year's.

MistyMorning":1sjn4fv6 said:
Caustic Burno":1sjn4fv6 said:

It's not hard to figure out. You want someone to police the masses on the forum and dictate their actions, suppress speech, and punish anyone straying from this with banishment even though they are being civil and discussing their own personal thoughts or concerns.

Life is political. Life is religious. I don't come here to read about the weather. I have 4 local weather reporters at 5 a.m, 6 a.m, 7 a.m, 8 a.m, noon, 4 p.m, 5 p.m, 6 p.m, 9 p.m./10 p.m. to choose from.

When you choose to suppress speech, that is political. Please stop being political.

Thank you!

MistyMorning":2bkkteer said:
M5farm":2bkkteer said:

I will repeat.........

No Politics

by M Gravlee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:24 am

I'm tired of the bickering. No more politics. No more character assassinations. I will delete your first two posts that violate this policy. Three strikes and your Username, email and IP will be permanently banned!

You have been warned!!

If you just can't resist talking politics go here:
http://ranchers.net/forum/forum-6.html
Wear a thick skin!

I might be the only one left on these Boards, but that's OK. I talk to myself a lot anyway.

Misty,
If my response to my VOTE in the poll broke the rules I apologize. I do not believe I have engaged in the political area on this board. I was merely giving the reason I voted yes.

Darryl

Massey135":e3nbpn0b said:
I'm not following you ala, based on the free mkt $, it seems pretty clear " whose values are working for whom".
well being a blue collar myself, and before the liberals attached theirselves to the democratic party back during the clinton years .... there where alot of lower to middle class folks here, that helped to put him in office... he was a big leader in the moral decline of this country.....................................i better stop here,, cause i dont want to lock a non politcal thread up
:cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts