POLL, please respond!

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you sick of political discussion, comment on CT?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a no because I would actually enjoy a political debate forum. Problem is there's a bunch of us and not many them.

slick4591":2pbbjxlx said:
I'm a no because I would actually enjoy a political debate forum. Problem is there's a bunch of us and not many them.

If you just can't resist talking politics go here:
http://ranchers.net/forum/forum-6.html
Wear a thick skin!

I won't copy and paste all the political forums and such, you can find them by using google search.

I think its actually gotten better and more restrained given the circumstances that are affecting our livelihoods. Heck, I haven't received a nasty personal insult from a moderator since ... well ... the good ole days. I do think everyone is entitled ot a bad day and their opinion and a rant here and there. Sounds like today is your day. Chin up and hope tomorrow is better.

I would think the polls show what the members, and guest think of your idea so far.

There's no debate over there. There's just jabs and pokes. The threads I saw that might actually promote a debate were not responded to.

Jogeephus":3nek93nc said:
I think its actually gotten better and more restrained given the circumstances that are affecting our livelihoods. Heck, I haven't received a nasty personal insult from a moderator since ... well ... the good ole days. I do think everyone is entitled ot a bad day and their opinion and a rant here and there. Sounds like today is your day. Chin up and hope tomorrow is better.

Don't patronize me Jo. My day is going just fine.

highgrit":3nek93nc said:
I would think the polls show what the members, and guest think of your idea so far.

I see that. Interesting, wonder if Macon will weigh in on this topic.

slick4591":3nek93nc said:
There's no debate over there. There's just jabs and pokes. The threads I saw that might actually promote a debate were not responded to.

I will post this again, there are a bajillion forums and such all over the world wide web were one can get into political discussions.

There is no political debate here, everyone mostly has the same opinion and it ends up with a lot of "ata boys". As I stated elsewhere, there are other things that happen here I find more irritating. If a rule is made it should be inforced, give an inch take a mile.

JMO,
Alan

highgrit":a9gc141h said:
the big thing here is, its Macon world, were just living in it.... personally id just soon give massey he#$ as talk it :cowboy:

I wonder if Macon will get one or more PM's with a link to Misty's last two threads, his board, his rules.

Alan

In our current situation in this country we need political debate. As a proud American we need to offer facts and figures as to why the current occupiers of the white house and congress need to be unemployed. If each of us bases our discussion on facts we may be able to persuade someone to make an educated choice come November. I will give my opinion but will always tell someone no matter what political view you have. Make your choice based on truths and not emotion. We are at a turning point and the younger generation doesn't understand the consequences. My personal goal this year is to vote out as many incumbents as we can. And if you don't vote don't bit(h.

ALACOWMAN":yskk4gu5 said:
highgrit":yskk4gu5 said:
the big thing here is, its Macon world, were just living in it.... personally id just soon give massey he#$ as talk it :cowboy:
you ol dog, you :cowboy:

M5farm":3fxfmyef said:
In our current situation in this country we need political debate. As a proud American we need to offer facts and figures as to why the current occupiers of the white house and congress need to be unemployed. If each of us bases our discussion on facts we may be able to persuade someone to make an educated choice come November. I will give my opinion but will always tell someone no matter what political view you have. Make your choice based on truths and not emotion. We are at a turning point and the younger generation doesn't understand the consequences. My personal goal this year is to vote out as many incumbents as we can. And if you don't vote don't bit(h.

I will repeat.........

No Politics

by M Gravlee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:24 am

I'm tired of the bickering. No more politics. No more character assassinations. I will delete your first two posts that violate this policy. Three strikes and your Username, email and IP will be permanently banned!

You have been warned!!

Wear a thick skin!

I might be the only one left on these Boards, but that's OK. I talk to myself a lot anyway.

MistyMorning":ct8wirrl said:
M5farm":ct8wirrl said:

I will repeat.........

No Politics

by M Gravlee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:24 am

I'm tired of the bickering. No more politics. No more character assassinations. I will delete your first two posts that violate this policy. Three strikes and your Username, email and IP will be permanently banned!

You have been warned!!

Wear a thick skin!

I might be the only one left on these Boards, but that's OK. I talk to myself a lot anyway.

Look's to me you are talking from the liberal side of the tree.

M5farm":389alec1 said:
I need some feedback... In my business relations, I would say among the people I know pulling in >$200k - about half are Obama supporters.. Among some of the guys I know making <$50k - maybe 10% are Obama supporters. Now I've always voted strait ticket republican. That being said, I have to ask myself, "is there something I'm missing?"

The president of our company said just the other day, " my financial adviser called and said as a result of the newly implemented obamacare, that because I can now reallocate the funds I had saved for healthcare into other avenues, that I will now be able to retire 3 yrs sooner."

How is it that more wealthy people are now voting more democrat whereas the blue collar folk are now the staunch republicans?

What say you, CT?

Caustic Burno":oqech11d said:
Look's to me you are talking from the liberal side of the tree.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone posted that line. You just couldn't be more wrong Mr. Bruno. Since I follow the board RULES about waxing on political, folks that don't know me personally, wouldn't know my political leanings.

Massey135":2bkec32g said:
M5farm":2bkec32g said:
I need some feedback... In my business relations, I would say among the people I know pulling in >$200k - about half are Obama supporters.. Among some of the guys I know making <$50k - maybe 10% are Obama supporters. Now I've always voted strait ticket republican. That being said, I have to ask myself, "is there something I'm missing?"

The president of our company said just the other day, " my financial adviser called and said as a result of the newly implemented obamacare, that because I can now reallocate the funds I had saved for healthcare into other avenues, that I will now be able to retire 3 yrs sooner."

How is it that more wealthy people are now voting more democrat whereas the blue collar folk are now the staunch republicans?

What say you, CT?

Start your own thread.

I voted NO because I am not sick of political discussion... its part of our cattle business, AND our lives. Discussion is good if it stays that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.