POLL, please respond!

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you sick of political discussion, comment on CT?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercialfarmer":3eijo4zz said:
MistyMorning":3eijo4zz said:
Caustic Burno":3eijo4zz said:
Look's to me you are talking from the liberal side of the tree.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone posted that line. You just couldn't be more wrong Mr. Bruno. Since I follow the board RULES about waxing on political, folks that don't know me personally, wouldn't know my political leanings.

It's not hard to figure out. You want someone to police the masses on the forum and dictate their actions, suppress speech, and punish anyone straying from this with banishment even though they are being civil and discussing their own personal thoughts or concerns.

Life is political. Life is religious. I don't come here to read about the weather. I have 4 local weather reporters at 5 a.m, 6 a.m, 7 a.m, 8 a.m, noon, 4 p.m, 5 p.m, 6 p.m, 9 p.m./10 p.m. to choose from.

When you choose to suppress speech, that is political. Please stop being political.

Thank you!

Exactly!

Commercialfarmer":vc9qxxxe said:
MistyMorning":vc9qxxxe said:
Caustic Burno":vc9qxxxe said:
Look's to me you are talking from the liberal side of the tree.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone posted that line. You just couldn't be more wrong Mr. Bruno. Since I follow the board RULES about waxing on political, folks that don't know me personally, wouldn't know my political leanings.

It's not hard to figure out. You want someone to police the masses on the forum and dictate their actions, suppress speech, and punish anyone straying from this with banishment even though they are being civil and discussing their own personal thoughts or concerns.

Life is political. Life is religious. I don't come here to read about the weather. I have 4 local weather reporters at 5 a.m, 6 a.m, 7 a.m, 8 a.m, noon, 4 p.m, 5 p.m, 6 p.m, 9 p.m./10 p.m. to choose from.

When you choose to suppress speech, that is political. Please stop being political.

Thank you!
dam you go right for the jugular :cowboy:

Commercialfarmer":2uf4g0dj said:

These are Macon's rules not mine.

Thank you!

It's an internet forum, not a democracy. I'm not for suppressing speech under any circumstances. I am however against not following forum rules. If Macon wants to change this forum to include political discussion, THAT'S HIS CHOICE. I don't come here to read about everyones political beliefs.

M5farm":mjeggor8 said:
Misty,
If my response to my VOTE in the poll broke the rules I apologize. I do not believe I have engaged in the political area on this board. I was merely giving the reason I voted yes.

Darryl

Thank you Darryl, I respect your opinions on what you would like to see with regards to forum rules.

I tried to extend empathy but was accused of being patronistic. This thread has reminded me of what "the good old days" used to be like.

Jogeephus":8qrl7xo6 said:
I tried to extend empathy but was accused of being patronistic. This thread has reminded me of what "the good old days" used to be like.

Again Jo, I am not having a bad day. But thank you for your concern.

Commercialfarmer":3cvkxsan said:

Thank you!

CT cannot restrict or regulate your speech...they can however refuse to furnish the platform (this site or any thread) as a place for you to practice.

MistyMorning":1ero8m13 said:
Jogeephus":1ero8m13 said:

Again Jo, I am not having a bad day. But thank you for your concern.

You are most certainly welcome.

MistyMorning":11r4g43b said:
M5farm":11r4g43b said:
Misty,
If my response to my VOTE in the poll broke the rules I apologize. I do not believe I have engaged in the political area on this board. I was merely giving the reason I voted yes.

Darryl

Thank you Darryl, I respect your opinions on what you would like to see with regards to forum rules.

All forums have to have Rules and I don't think anyone can object to that. If you open it up to a free for all you'll get a bunch of trolls that have no purpose but starting trouble. BUT- I believe that all topics should be open for discussion and a no tolerance rule for trolls, slander, and disrespect etc. You break the rule you get bounced no questions. If a person has there convictions political personal religious or what ever they should be able to eloquently discuss it with like minded individuals. If a person is thin skinned don't click on the topic. I am aware that there are minors on this board and grown men and woman should remember that when typing. The rule could read "if you wouldn't say it in front of your mama or grandma don't say it here" and that would probably work with 95% of the users there would still be some that have no respect anyone. And the mod would have to determine what was within the rules. Like commercial farmer said I don't come here to get a weather report for my town. I come here to discuss my love for farming and the rural life and I enjoy the diverse crowd and would like to know more about why people in other areas of the world have come to their beliefs on any topic suggested. I don't have to like what they say but and may think they are wrong in their views , They are still human beings and as a Christian I am commanded to love thy brother/sister.

TexasBred":nux7wy6g said:
Commercialfarmer":nux7wy6g said:

Thank you!

CT cannot restrict or regulate your speech...they can however refuse to furnish the platform (this site or any thread) as a place for you to practice.

You're keeping in step in the line Got your chin held high and you feel just fine 'Cause you do what you're told But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Just how deep do you believe? Will you bite the hand that feeds? Will you chew until it bleeds?

I haven't seen anything like it was in '07 when Macon made that rule. Sure there is a political comment every now and then but not the mean spirited name calling and arguing that was going on back then. My guess is if it were to get out of control again Macon would step in.

Massey135":21x8w27d said:
TexasBred":21x8w27d said:
Commercialfarmer":21x8w27d said:

Thank you!

You're keeping in step in the line Got your chin held high and you feel just fine 'Cause you do what you're told But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Just how deep do you believe? Will you bite the hand that feeds? Will you chew until it bleeds?

Got a drug problem son? As I said CT does not have to provide you a platform for your rants, let alone your song lyrics.

I don't really see much purely political/partisan commentary here.
I see alot of people discussing the economy, and rules and regulations implemented (forced on us) by polititians, that have a strong impact on our daily lives.
I don't see that as politics, I see it as discussing our lives in general. I figured that's what the coffee shop was all about. :???:

Personally I'd like to see a forum for a little more in depth political speech as I think we have some well reasoned people that visit this board and we all have something in common. I haven't seen anything that I would consider much more than light conversation.

MistyMorning":kxprymyr said:
Commercialfarmer":kxprymyr said:

Thank you!

It's an internet forum, not a democracy. I'm not for suppressing speech under any circumstances. I am however against not following forum rules. If Macon wants to change this forum to include political discussion, THAT'S HIS CHOICE. I don't come here to read about everyones political beliefs.

I feel much younger today, and I would like to thank you. It has been a long time since I had the feeling of first grade all over again. ;-)

I bet you were a pretty good at paying too much attention at everyone else, and not enough on your business back then as well.

I will agree with you on one thing. I don't know the man, but I am sure that who's ever responsibility it is to monitor this thing, they can do it. I imagine they did it before you and will do it after you.

I probably drank to much coke today since I don't live in NY City, being the monitor and all, you will probably need to report that it's not break time and I'm not carrying a hall pass. :cowboy:

Commercialfarmer":8fdj7ok3 said:
MistyMorning":8fdj7ok3 said:
Commercialfarmer":8fdj7ok3 said:

Thank you!

I feel much younger today, and I would like to thank you. It has been a long time since I had the feeling of first grade all over again. ;-)

I bet you were a pretty good at paying too much attention at everyone else, and not enough on your business back then as well.

I will agree with you on one thing. I don't know the man, but I am sure that who's ever responsibility it is to monitor this thing, they can do it. I imagine they did it before you and will do it after you.

I probably drank to much coke today since I don't live in NY City, being the monitor and all, you will probably need to report that it's not break time and I'm not carrying a hall pass. :cowboy:
theres a few of them, and extra one that just watches me :cowboy:

This is one of those threads that some can really learn about what type of some folks on CT are..... But so is the world on the Internet and what comes with it.

Alan

I'll just throw this up in the air and see if it splats when it falls. I used to be active on a general talk board and they solved their political debate issues by creating a forum that was only visible once you signed a contract that you would be civil while discussing political issues. If you didn't sign up you didn't see inside the forum. It worked pretty well and the forum privileges were only revoked on a couple of people. Everyone else played nice. Maybe something Macon would consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts