Poll: Junk tractors/equipment, Aug '22 Photo Contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Junk tractor/implement

Votes: 16 43.2%

Votes: 6 16.2%

Votes: 8 21.6%

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
As soon as i looked at pic 2 thought it was yours, don't know why.
Is that a Minneapolis?
There's a big ranch here that has lots of junk equipment.. one of the biggest rototillers I've ever seen, has it's own 6cyl CAT engine and gets towed behind a D8.. chops up roots and breaks ground real good I bet.. That's where I got my IH584 (which needs a ton of work), and they have a MF135 diesel I wanna get, I think it was parked running I think, it has a cement mixer on the 3pt hitch..

the tiller is the yellow in the background, I didn't get a good pic of it, they have several MF1100's too IMG_20220305_143244_309.jpg

Can see a bit more of the tiller here
IMG_20220305_143440_745.jpg

The junk that followed me home
IMG_20220306_111024_700.jpg

Junk that followed my dad home
IMG_20220201_154138_793.jpg

The ultimate british junk, no way to get that engine to run right.. Allis HD6 in the background needs a final drive looked at.. MORE JUNK
20140106_151348s.jpg

Is that a Minneapolis?
There's a big ranch here that has lots of junk equipment.. one of the biggest rototillers I've ever seen, has it's own 6cyl CAT engine and gets towed behind a D8.. chops up roots and breaks ground real good I bet.. That's where I got my IH584 (which needs a ton of work), and they have a MF135 diesel I wanna get, I think it was parked running I think, it has a cement mixer on the 3pt hitch..

the tiller is the yellow in the background, I didn't get a good pic of it, they have several MF1100's too View attachment 20665

View attachment 20666

View attachment 20667

View attachment 20668

The ultimate british junk, no way to get that engine to run right.. Allis HD6 in the background needs a final drive looked at.. MORE JUNK
View attachment 20669
Is the BMC any relation to the Leyland tractors Nesi?

Ken

Leyland Motors and British Motor Corp merged to become British Leyland in the 1960s. Nuffield was also involved with Leyland. I used to have a Leyland 245. A very stout and reliable tractor until the flood came along while I had the rear end off of it and disassembled. When the water went down, about 1/2 the Leyland parts went with it. It was the only thing I was not able to clean up and get in running shape again. Scrapped it a year later.
leyland.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a Minneapolis?

the tiller is the yellow in the background, I didn't get a good pic of it, they have several MF1100's too View attachment 20665

View attachment 20666

View attachment 20667

View attachment 20668

View attachment 20669
Nice pictures.

Is that a Minneapolis?

View attachment 20666

View attachment 20667

View attachment 20668

View attachment 20669
Chamberlain, they were built in Western Australia about 30 minutes away from me. Still tonnes of them about.

That 135 would be a great pick up, fantastic tractors. We have a petrol 135, gets used every day and still chugging away. Just have to be careful not to break a thumb on steering wheel.

If that tiller is howard built would love to see more of it. I know a guy who researches them and wrote a book about 160 pages long on the development and history of them. They made a tiller to go on a d9 dozer called the dreadnought for the sugar cane fields over Kens way. Know of two still existing. Monster machines.

I junked 2-3 of those allis chalmers tillers that were walk behinds in 2006 when I cleaned up my father's place. 1 had steel lug wheels the others rubber tired. 1 was articulated.

Chamberlain, they were built in Western Australia about 30 minutes away from me. Still tonnes of them about.

That 135 would be a great pick up, fantastic tractors. We have a petrol 135, gets used every day and still chugging away. Just have to be careful not to break a thumb on steering wheel.

If that tiller is howard built would love to see more of it. I know a guy who researches them and wrote a book about 160 pages long on the development and history of them. They made a tiller to go on a d9 dozer called the dreadnought for the sugar cane fields over Kens way. Know of two still existing. Monster machine
I think that tiller was homemade from the looks of it.. had a semi truck diff to power the tiller, engine and trans were probably from some old piece of equipment

If that tiller is howard built would love to see more of it. I know a guy who researches them and wrote a book about 160 pages long on the development and history of them. They made a tiller to go on a d9 dozer called the dreadnought for the sugar cane fields over Kens way. Know of two still existing. Monster machines.
Yeh and John Deere bought them out in the 80's. They competed too strongly for the JD's.

Ken

Very closely related to the Leyland 154, same transmission, wheels, etc, 2" shorter because the BMC has a shorter engine (1L 4cyl diesel for a whopping 15 hp or so)
I've got a Leyland, I forget what the model no. is but it has a 3.4 litre 4 cylinder Leyland diesel. Very hardy tractor, great motor 55 hp I think. The motor sounds like what was in our old Leyland school buses, a bit nostalgic to me.

Ken

I've got a Leyland, I forget what the model no. is but it has a 3.4 litre 4 cylinder Leyland diesel. Very hardy tractor, great motor 55 hp I think. The motor sounds like what was in our old Leyland school buses, a bit nostalgic to me.

Ken
mine had a 3cyl Perkins diesel. Pretty much a tried & true bulletproof engine

Well there is not much to tell about it. It has been here on the farm when bought the place in 2005. Dad talked about fixing it up, but so far we have not got around to it. Dad knows way more about threshing machines than I do. That is a little bit before my time. Dad talked about a lot of guys that lost their arms in those pullies. There is an old grinder sitting in front of it. Maybe one of these day I might pull out the 4x6's under that grinder. We have another piece of equipment, but I don't know what it is.

20220827_183224.jpg

I am thinking it has something to due with beat harvesting. That old threshing machine was here before we got here and probably be here after I'm long gone.

For Septembers photo contest: how about a sunset or sunrise on the farm or ranch.

Latest posts