• 9:

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 10:

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Putangitangi":3fkcf8yw said:
MO_cows":3fkcf8yw said:
Here is one I could have entered, but probably wouldn't have gotten any votes. What I like about it, that's her first calf at 4 months old.
Why would you not? Nice picture. What's breed/s are in there?

Thanks. That's a Tarentaise pair.

For me, voting for number six was given as they are brindles in colour. Many good looking pairs here, number 2 is my second chice. :2cents:

I'll concede to another good New Zealand cow #4 and a great photo too! Congrats, you are way out in front and it is already 14th Dec down under.
I photographed #2 again this morning, not doing too bad for a 12 year old rearing her eleventh calf, a heifer this year.

She was shown as a young cow with current calf at foot, and the bull calf in question won a few calf classes in his own right. Went to our NZ National sale as a newly weaned 10 month old and never got a bid! Brought him home and later sold him to another stud, where he is still producing the goods! He weighed 404 kgs at 218 days, gain of 1.63kgs/day on grass and milk alone and weaned at 434kgs at 243 days. No hard feed in this boy, even when he went to shows he only ate a bit of chopped lucerne and hay.

This is another of her calves at 16 months following in Mums footsteps

Those are some great pics. I have to admit, I did not take #2, but I would be very happy to have that pair in our pasture.
Waihou, that is a great cow and it looks like she has raised phenomenal calves for you. It looks like she still has years in front of her.

Waihou, them's nice cattle!, and she is in fine shape.. she looks to just be in her prime! I had an oldie I put down last year that raised 16 calves, and they just kept getting better.. She lost a lot of condition on her last one, but she had the heaviest heifer of the whole herd, which is pretty good for an oldie with arthritis and in need of dentures.

Hillsdown's plate is a little full at the moment so she is unable to announce the winner and put contestant names to the pics.

Sooo, please let us know which pic is your's so we can finalise this contest, thanks.

Just gotta say that the cow + calf in pic # 1 are adorable, they are almost identical :D

Latest posts