Poll, Original Farm Christmas Decorations

Help Support CattleToday:

Favorite Original Farm Christmas Decoration

Votes: 13 40.6%

Votes: 11 34.4%

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One year I didn't get a tree for multiple reasons. A day or two before Christmas I cut a limb of a cedar tree. Stuck it in a bucket of rocks and put a single ornament on its sagging top. A real Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Boy did I catch crap from the daughter.
I'm totally on board with the Charlie Brown tree! I used to go all out but since we moved to the ranch (and retired), kids/grandkids are in Michigan (not coming) and we're not throwing big company parties. We do Christmas with my family in Wichita. Nobody, and I mean nobody, could see outside decorations from any of the crossroads. I look at it as simplifying life.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, could see outside decorations from any of the crossroads. I look at it as simplifying life.
The pictures I posted above were from my place inside of Sam Houston National Forest. It was at minimum,1/4 mile thru the trees to my nearest neighbor's property and even farther to the nearest blacktop road. I don't put up decorations for others.
Unlike Terrence Hill, My name is not nobody.

nobody.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, @Nesikep, on another win!! @Dave was runner-up.

So, what's in store for the Feb contest, @Nesikep?
How about "It's not for sale, I'm going to fix it up"? That's what I'm coming up with off the top of my head
323419383_1539475103237811_874628848360128_n.jpg

Sorry, been so busy with work and stuff I don't get in here all that much!

Latest posts