Polaris RANGER 6x6

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a Polaris RANGER 6x6? Or any other Polaris Work Vehicle? Looking at a used 6x6 that is super clean and I think I can get it for a good price. Forget the exact year but think it was a 2001 or close to it.

2 years ago I bought a new polaris 600 4X4 . The only option was automatic, which is real nice for driving around, hunting, or playing. However for pulling a load, it stinks. The drive belt has a lifetime waranty which is good because in less than a year I was on my third one. I traded that sucker for an artic cat 4X4. with a manual and have been driving it for over a year trouble free. 4wheelers are are getting harder and harder to find with a manual shift. I wish somebody made a 750, but no luck. I have wanted a 6x6 myself, but leary of the automatic.
Good luck, Mac

aplusmnt":f7nyhds6 said:
Anyone out there have a Polaris RANGER 6x6? Or any other Polaris Work Vehicle? Looking at a used 6x6 that is super clean and I think I can get it for a good price. Forget the exact year but think it was a 2001 or close to it.

Guy down the road has one and cusses it on a regular basis. He has had an assortment of problems due to our sandy area.

i hate to say this but dont by polaris.they will give you nothing but headaches.an once the problems start they never stop.i bought a 300 2x4 4 wheeler in 95.the sucker ran for 3yrs then started the major problems.the chain was always getting loose an jumping off big headache.was always having to tighten it up.then the carborater messed up.then the fun started,spent $1100 in repairs.new starter battery overhaul whatever it needed.brought it home an was using it to haul fence posts building a new fence.dang thing was fouling spart plugs left an right.finally just quit for good.then pulled it off out of the way an left it.well the carbored had been worked as well as other repairs.turns out it needed a new carborater.i said devil no not $400 more.so it was junked.

I hope I get lucky! I bought the Polaris Ranger Thursday night, before you all posted on Friday Morning. It seems like it will be a beast for working out of, I just hope it holds up better than all the experiences you guys listed :(

If I see any signs of problems I will Cull fast on the thing!

Went to the dealer to purchase a 4 wheeler. Eddie Hill in wichita falls tx.He had polaris and honda. In his maint shop were mostly polaris being repaired. One of his mechanic's said they get a lot of the polaris back for starters,water pumps and the rubber drive belt in the tranny. belt seems to strech and slip when it gets hot and a little wear on it.
He recomended the honda forman es. which had all gears and driveshaft's.
Bought it new in 02 and have not done anything but service it and run it.
I was told told by the salesman when breaking it in ride it like I stole it.
It is used hear on the farm for about any thing a small tractor would be used for. Including loading a round bail on trailer and hauling out to pasture.

Cal

I am notorious for stupid mistakes, the Ranger is in really good shape, like new. If I have any problems, I will probably go and trade it in on a Mule or Gator.

I had some friends in past that owned Polaris back in early 90's and had problems but then knew some that bought late 90's and 2000 models and did not have any problems, they loved them. I bought into that, looks like maybe I was wrong.

aplusmnt":31zcgda9 said:
I am notorious for stupid mistakes, the Ranger is in really good shape, like new. If I have any problems, I will probably go and trade it in on a Mule or Gator.

I had some friends in past that owned Polaris back in early 90's and had problems but then knew some that bought late 90's and 2000 models and did not have any problems, they loved them. I bought into that, looks like maybe I was wrong.

You'll know in 10 years or so if the Mule would have wrked out better. Seems like that's about when you need to put a couple of hundred bucks into one.

dun":2g6kxzst said:
aplusmnt":2g6kxzst said:

You'll know in 10 years or so if the Mule would have wrked out better. Seems like that's about when you need to put a couple of hundred bucks into one.

That is probably why I could not find a use one around here, everyone keeps them so long. Being a poor Janitor I hated to buy a new one, and had been keeping my out for one for last year or so.

I just recently bought a mule,I bought the diesel,its a lil noisy,never even tried the gas model as I wanted to fuel it outa the on farm diesel tank and figgered I would get good service out of the diesel,then I read a survey where the gas models ran so quiet you had to be in one to tell it was running,kinda wish I would have tried the gas model now,but so far not one problem..............good luck

our boss has a polaris ranger. he likes it okay b/c it goes fast, but he also doesnt do any work out of it. we use a diesle mule, i guess it works well enough for us, but i wish we had our 4x6 gator back. I loved that thing.

Hope your polaris works well for you.

Ryan

I have a Mule 610 4x4, love it! Am now looking for a used 4x4 ATV since the wife likes the Mule,99% of the used ATV's for sale are Polaris. Must be a reason people are keepng the other brands.

So far we love the thing. It is a beast it has a payload of like 1750 lbs, Hooked a Cargo trailer 5x8 loaded with some feed onto it yesterday and moved it like nothing was there.

Guess only time will tell on the reliability of it. If it gives me any trouble it will be out of here though! Will look at a Mule or one of those new Kubota diesels. I am sure that the Kubota diesel is expensive but I bet that thing would last a life time.

Latest posts