Please give me your opinion on this heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Kennedy Farms

Reaction score
First off, please excuse the mess and poor picture quality. Her feed had been changed the day before we bought her and it was running through her. We quickly corrected this and she is fine. I'll get some better pictures of her and a couple other heifers in the next day or two.

We are thinking about showing a couple of our girls, but we really appreciate any advice/feedback on these girls. We are still learning what to look for and how to judge ourselves. Any input will be greatly appreciated and taken in the good manner it is presented in.

7 month old

Not a good picture to really get a good look at, but I wouldn't say she's bad. Definitely room for improvement (always is). Right now I am on a computer where the screen is a bit darker. Later tonight when I am at home maybe my brighter screen will help me see her better. Good Luck.

Lets get a couple more pics first.
Youll need a good prifile shot with her head facing foreward.
Then a good hind shot. From my vantage point she is a well made heifer.
But we all need to see more in order to comment as to whether she has that show look.
I assume that she is Angus.

She looks like she'd make a real nice producing cow. Hard to say how great she would be as a show heifer based on that photo, but she's got potential. Looks like she might have some loose skin under her neck, but she looks pretty correct overall. If you plan to show her, she needs more feed & weight. You will also be better off if you show at least 2... she will do better if she has a buddy at the shows.

Latest posts