Please delete. Papers do not match bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

I have no particular experience, but it is fraudulent and you do have a case. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING - including dates and times of phone calls. The dilemma may come in that in court it could become he said / she said in that they seller could claim you never asked for any of that stuff and that he never misrepresented the bull so hopefully you'll get it resolved out of court. A lawyer up here will charge $100 to write the letter for you on their letterhead - that might carry some weight. In the end though, I suppose you'll be faced with deciding between how much the bull cost and how bad you want to incur the costs of fighting it.

Sorry to hear this happens in the world - but it does.

Just going by what your saying is it possible that the papers do go with the bull just not the breed you were wanting. Mabe he sold you a Angus instead of Brangus.

At my advanced age I do not suffer fools or thieves easily any more.

if your version is accurate.......

you are dealing with a person of low character.

while I might not actually shoot him I would shore make him believe I would by shooting in his direction just to see if I could make him wet his drawers.

court and lawyers just cost more money and you end up losing even if you win. but then the thin veneer of civilization that my mother worked so hard to put on me is wearing out in lots of places now.

Check the tattoos in his ears to make sure you know exactly what bull you have

Just curious. Does the bull look like he is Brangus or Angus? Does he have loose skin on his underline/sheath or is it tight? Does the bull you received look like the same bull you agreed to buy. If the bull you have does not match what you bought there could be a criminal fraud case involved. A visit with the DA in the county the purchase was made in might be in order. As suggested, document everything.

If the bull listed on the trich papers does not match the bull you received, you might have him over a barrel with TDA for transfering a non-certified bull. If necessary, have your vet help you see if the papers you got match the bull.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution

Just another thought. Review your canceled check and see what, if anything you wrote on the memo line. If it says brangus bull or registered brangus bull, you have documentation that is what you bought.

Just another 2 cents worth.

well no 1 has said it yet so i will.you got caught in the oldest game in the reg business.the old i got a set of reg papers.so ill put them on a grade bull an hope i dont get caught at it.im going to bet that the bull isnt tatooed at all.you might as well forget getting the right papers.because i bet they dont exist.an ill also bet that the bull wasnt fert tested.sell the bull an buy a reg 1 from a honest breeder.

The following week I contacted the American Angus Association, phone number on the registration papers to inquire about transferring the bulls' ownership.

Call the International Brangus Breeders Association to check it out. Texas Brangus Breeders Assn. might be able to help as well but I'd hold his a$$ to the fire til I got satisfaction.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I'd like to see if there is a tattoo in his ear, I doubt it though but it's worth a shot. I agree with everyone on here this guy definitely lacks the three things that are most important integrity, honesty and character. I can't stand a liar! :mad: I think just because of my age and lack of experience this guy saw an opportunity and took it. Regardless of the cost to purse it legally, I feel obligated due to being taken advantage of. I'm going to let the 30 days for him to respond to my letter before following up with small claims suit. I have all of the documentation from the transaction so I can't imagine not being able to prove the case. Legally I'd like to show him that this youngster has a little bit of sense, maybe not with cattle yet but in other areas.

Is this the same man who sold you the cows?

No offense but if the rest of the cows look like the Baldie behind the bull you need to buy some feed. She is not in very good shape.
I may be way out of line but those calves look big enuf to wean and if that cow is any indicator they should be weaned.

It's hard to tell about the bull. I will refrain from critisizing him and just say he doesn't look Brangus to me but I only know what they should look like from pics posted here by our Texas friends. To me at least, he looks like an Angus bull who needs some groceries.

BTW that brand looks familiar. Does it belong to the seller or you?

The brand belongs to the seller. These are the cows that I bought from him. They are on a place now with alot better grass then before.

The picture is tough, but I'd say "angus" before I'd say "brangus" based on what I can see. In fact, without any of the description of the problem, I wouldn't even have guessed brangus at all.

3waycross":in4rso8w said:
Is this the same man who sold you the cows?

No offense but if the rest of the cows look like the Baldie behind the bull you need to buy some feed. She is not in very good shape.
I may be way out of line but those calves look big enuf to wean and if that cow is any indicator they should be weaned.

It's hard to tell about the bull. I will refrain from critisizing him and just say he doesn't look Brangus to me but I only know what they should look like from pics posted here by our Texas friends. To me at least, he looks like an Angus bull who needs some groceries.

BTW that brand looks familiar. Does it belong to the seller or you?
he's got a angus head. and a odd sheath even for a brangus he looks like a higher percetage angus bull , i would do my best to get reimbursed some how

In the picture where he's laying down, I don't think he looks that bad.. as long as he stays laying down. Some feed will make a big difference tho. But in the last picture it's obvious he's Angus as he has no as..er butt.

That "bull" doesn't look like a brangus to me. He does (as stated before) have the sheath of a "brahma" influenced animal but not the ears or face. He is in a lower body condition or he is not angus. Either way I think you got screwed pretty good.
Are the pairs in the pictures supposed to be angus also? Just wondering cause you bought them from him and im wondering what was "purchased" at that time as well. They do look like they are probably ready for weaning but im sure you probably know when your going to wean. However it does make it hard to tell a lot about wether or not your bull is brangus or angus because of his body score.
Will be interested to see other pictures as well as hear how it all comes out. I don't really believe in lawsuits ( yes not everyone from crappy CA believes in lawsuits ) as they are greatly abused but I think that you are in the right and have given it a great try to get this right and the law may be the only way this will be taken care of.
Be sure to document EVERYTHING. Even if you think its pointless. You can never have enough when you go to court. Phone records of when you called, times and dates you visited to try and fix the situation etc.
Hope this works out for you. I defonitly wouldn't sell the bull to auction before this is said and done. I think that this would be a bad idea. If you don't have the bull anymore then what is there to fight about or make right??? Just my opinion.
Double R

I picked the bull out and we setup a day for delivery. On the delivery day the seller then gave me a certificate of registration for the bull and the paperwork certifying the bull was a virgin bull and did not need a trich test since it had never been with cows

I know what this guy did was wrong and he took advantage of your inexperience. Number one reason to do research before you buy, but I am just thinking that since you did pick this bull out and he gave you paperwork for a Registered Angus at the time of delivery which let you know right then that he was not a Registered Brangus it may be hard to win in court under these circumstances.

Latest posts