Pink eye 2nd dose of LA200

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I had a cow come down with a case of pinkeye, I gave her 50cc of LA200. While I walk the herd almost everyday I sure missed this one and it's a pretty bad case. It's on day 3 since I gave her the shots and she is muched improved, the draining from the eye has stopped, but she still has a very cloudy eye with an"ulcer" looking patch on her corniea. The directions from the bottle say only a single dose is needed ....... But. Has anybody given multiple doses of La200? If so what was the time frame between doses? Google pulled nothing up.

Thanks,
Alan

Give a second dose 72 hours after the first. Also squirt a little LA200 on the eyeball. I think you under dosed slightly.

Thanks for the replies. She's a moderate framed cow I guessed her at 1100 lbs, I may have slightly under dosed. So I'll give her another series of shots = to 50cc and squirt some in the bad eye, I have two extra cc to do that with.

Thanks again to both of you.

Alan

Alan":3pj0k6h9 said:
Thanks for the replies. She's a moderate framed cow I guessed her at 1100 lbs, I may have slightly under dosed. So I'll give her another series of shots = to 50cc and squirt some in the bad eye, I have two extra cc to do that with.

Thanks again to both of you.

Alan

Can you get her in a barn - out of the sun? We do the above and on the toughest cases either patch or bring them into the dark for a few days.

Slap a Shut-Eye patch on her the first time around when you give the needle and you won't have any problems. Keeping the eye in the dark will stop the tearing and make her much more comfortable. I find they stay on from between a week to 3 weeks, even in heavy bush.

I have a young bull, 1250 lbs, that came down with a BAD case of pink eye about 3 months ago . Took him to a vet that I was told was very good with pink eye . He gave him a shot of I think Terra-Vet 200 , oxtetrcycline,in his eye up under the lid then gave him another 100 cc then he sowed his eye shut for 3 weeks he had me give him another 100cc 3 days after first shoot then another 100cc 3 days after that when stiches were removed there was a slight cloudyness vet said give him about a week an that will go away and it did bull looks and acts fine now, also gave me a spray to spray the other eye or any other cows with if they started watering or looking like they might be getting pink eye spray was Neo Blue Spray Topical

Latest posts