Pictures of Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I took some pictures this week, in my little time I get to spend with the cattle now! I wanted to share a few. On a side note, since we have lived in Missouri, never in our time have we EVER gone out to grass past the 14th of March. Well, we are STILL feeding hay full time, and likely will not have cattle on green grass for another WEEK! That puts us into April. The cows and I both are just darn tired of hay, mud and BROWN!

OK, on with the pictures!
This first heifer is a March yearling, who weighed 852 pounds the first of March when we branded and vaccinated.
2emoa4j.jpg

She is a HPF Optimizer out of a cow we sold in our Fall sale with an embryo in her! This was her second calf, the first being a nice red bull with white face I pictured on here. The dam is a Steel Force x Fat Butt.

This next one is a June (pictured at 9 months) Shell Shocked out of a Upgrade cow (3/4 blood). She is growing well and has a great set of EPD's! She weighed 648 pounds at 8 months.
f5c1ec.jpg

This is a favorite around here. She is a Sept Bandwagon out of a Analyze This cow (embryo). We put nose blabs on them this weekend to start weaning so when we have grass, we can take the cows to the new place.
qzns0l.jpg

This is our first Declaration sired calf! She is a dandy, November born and out of a 5/8 Simm cow (she is sired by a full sib to Fully Loaded out of a Meyer 734 cow). Her dam is a top cow in our herd!
2ymzy9k.jpg

Here is another embryo heifer, sired by STF Royal Affair out of CCR Fantasy, Sept born. And the calf butt in the background is an 1143Y sired bull calf, November if I remember correctly. We really like our 1143Y sired group.
2iw91le.jpg

And her nursing a few weeks ago. Her recip dam is a Shear Force female, that always raises a heck of a calf (weans them off big and fat).
9u6srs.jpg

And last, but not least, is Luna! She is a December yearling, sired by Built Right out of a Wide Track cow we have. Luna is a horse, and will be shown this year.
16ghn5j.jpg

Please note; these pictures were not doctored in any way! We sheared off the prospective show heifers over the last two weeks so do not judge them by the clip! :lol: It takes 120 days to grow a good fresh coat and by my math that puts the best coat on these girls about Nationals time for us. Mind you, most of our heifers have no hair anyway, since they slick off in the summer. But, hey, we can try to grow good hair, right???? :clap:
But really, the winter hair turns brown, and does not dye well. So it is easier to shear it off and let the fresh stuff grow in behind it.

They should make a good show string for you!! I like the looks of them.

Latest posts