Pictures next years Gelbvieh show heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the fullblood Gelbvieh. We did have a camera with us at the time. My daughter was taking pictures of weeds and caught a picture of Keith Edward's two calves that he selected. 103 and 138. They are nursing with no grain.
SDC10559.jpg

SDC10560.jpg

138 is the one with her head cut out of the picture.

Not too bad! I like 138.

However I can see why you're getting your but kicked in those all breed shows.I doubt that anyone judging that kind of show has a clue what they are looking at!

With the price of grain we have only been feeding a few pounds a day with our minerals and additional protein to our current herd. There just isn't enough funds when we face $7.50 corn. The market has dropped on corn to the $6.50 range yesterday but I've not gotten set up to store shelled corn. When we receive them I'll post some pictures.
We took a steer in this summer to butcher that was 3/4 Gelbvieh and was only receiving 2 lbs. a day on grain and was amazed at the deep red color of the meat and happy with how tender it was. Maybe this is because when I grew up the only meat we ate was out of dairy cows that had to be butchered.

I wish I had known of your herd while I travelled through Indiana (Lebanon typically)... a lot of animals look a heck of a lot better in person.. Until cameras capture 3D properly.. I know from the pictures I've taken that an animals width sometimes looks really disappointing compared to how they look in person

Latest posts