Pics of Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
Four heifers from my last bull. I gathered some cows to pull their steers and these were with the group.

fitz

DSC006321.JPG

DSC006261.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

DSC00619.JPG

Didn't you buy a nice bull in the last couple of months? If so are you going to use him on the heifers?

3way, they're out of an Angus Bull I had over Simmental cows. Yes sooner, They will be around 14 and 1/2 months first of Dec. If I keep them they will be some of his first.

fitz

fitz":2n5pejv8 said:
3way, they're out of an Angus Bull I had over Simmental cows. Yes sooner, They will be around 14 and 1/2 months first of Dec. If I keep them they will be some of his first.

fitz

So they are F-1's

3waycross":4vf31jpw said:
fitz":4vf31jpw said:

fitz

So they are F-1's

Those are. I have some 3/4 Angus.

fitz

fitz":1crvscxf said:
3waycross":1crvscxf said:
fitz":1crvscxf said:

fitz

So they are F-1's

Those are. I have some 3/4 Angus.

fitz

Do you go back on them with a Sim bull or a SimAngus?

I'm going with the crossbreed this time. I'll use a SimAngus on everything and see how it works out.

fitz

fitz":14zjqmto said:
I'm going with the crossbreed this time. I'll use a SimAngus on everything and see how it works out.

fitz
fitz, you and I are the same path. My simangus heifers came from an established breeder. Over the last year, I have used an Angus bull, albeit, one that my not have been that great. I am also able to do my own AI now which gives me some options. I am in the process of getting another bull for the spring. I may also go to SimAngus. Are you able to do any AI?

inyati13":1nts3yuc said:
fitz":1nts3yuc said:

fitz
fitz, you and I are the same path. My simangus heifers came from an established breeder. Over the last year, I have used an Angus bull, albeit, one that my not have been that great. I am also able to do my own AI now which gives me some options. I am in the process of getting another bull for the spring. I may also go to SimAngus. Are you able to do any AI?

No Sir, I use natural service only. I would like to learn to AI, but I just turn a Bull out and let him watch them for me. If I were closer to all Angus sired SimAngus girls I would be more inclined to go back with a Simmental Bull. I still have a number of straight simmental cows and I wanted to continue with the Angus influence. That's why I chose the crossbred Bull this time.

fitz

fitz, mine are 50/50 crosses. I have one PB simmental sired by Flying B Cut Above. I AIed her to Top Hand (a SS angus). I have semen from two simangus bulls, Rimrock and In Force. I also have Top Hand, War Party and Composure. I plan to upgrade my bull which is a Registered LJ New Frontier son. I plan to look at the Boyd Angus Bulls. They are only a few miles from me. They have some bulls that sell off the farm that start in the $3500 range.

The heifers you posted have the same quality to them that I see in mine so I thought they were SimAngus. You get to know that simmental look in their head. I like your heifers, good luck. I hope they meet your objectives whatever they may be.

Latest posts