Pics of a few of the Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I moved some heifers that are looking the closest into the "maternity pen" where I have some lights- make it easier to check at night- and remembered to stick a camera in my pocket today....

Few of the young ladies--My new bright yellow headgate on the "maternity barn" can probably be seen from the spy satellites as bright as it is...

March2008009.jpg

Few more of the girls
March2008010.jpg

The red tagged heifer is a Strategy daughter that we bought last spring- little framier than I like, and rougher keeping than my home raised but a nice quiet heifer....
March2008011.jpg

Some of the girls wondering why they can't be still out in the big lot with their sisters...
March2008012.jpg

My buddy- Sam...I just got thru scolding him and making him sit outside the corral and he can't figure out why he can't come into the corral with me...His Dad and Mom know to stay out of the area of the maternity pen-as I don't need to get ate by no mad momma or making any momma nervous.....He's young- overly anxious- he will learn ....
March2008013.jpg

Looking good ! Hey where's all the snow?? We don't have much here in Western ND ,this drought is getting kind of scary.

those are some nice angus springers.an they are goodlooking to boot.your right that red tagged heifer is carring alot of frame to her.she is long ribbed as well.

ND Angus":2vx6r90a said:
Looking good ! Hey where's all the snow?? We don't have much here in Western ND ,this drought is getting kind of scary.

We had 2-3 inchs of snow on the ground until the Chinooks hit for 2-3 days with 40-50 degree days...Really took her off...Today was plumb nippy with up to 40 mph NW winds and temp in the 20's...
Hopefully all the fog in Feb, will mean rain in May...

Well I was right on 3 of the heifers-- checked them at 3PM and nothing happening altho one had mucous and a tail up- went back at 5PM and 3 calves on the ground...
And 2 of them were the ones with hardly any bag or showing any sign... :eek: What these barometric changes and approaching snow storms won't do.... :roll:
They're predicting blowing, snowing, and a couple inchs of snow moving in tonight and tomorrow :( ...Beautiful out now- still 37 (got to 46 today)- little wind yet.....
One of the drawbacks of calving heifers in a lot or corral is they all went to the same part of the corral to have them- then the new inexperienced mommas were all confused over who belonged to who- and all 3 wanted to claim which ever calf moved... Got them sorted off into pens with the right baby and some straw- and watched all of them fill their belly...So they should do fine now...

Latest posts