Pics Macho Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

VERY nice, wish they were all on my place instead of yours. Makes my ordinary herfs look bad.

Got to about 10 above today but no snow and looking for about -2 tonight. Glad I am not calving. JHH

cypressfarms":2ruqxwwy said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2ruqxwwy said:
Thanks guys/gals. Actually, only 1 is out of what I would call one of my top cows. We bred him to a cross of everything - size - pedigree - thickness. He really stamped them - all deep, thick & clean. We are real excited about them. The sad thing is, this group is all in a sale in April. Hate to part with them, but gotta send our best. That little fall baby is a real cutie. Got two more fall heifers - all three were born within 5 days of each other. Bet one (or both) will be in next year's showstring. Can't wait to put clippers on them & get rid of some of their wool - so I can REALLY see what they look like.
Macho would :heart: to head south. He's currently at DependaBull for the winter, but not cozy like it must be down south. We were high 50's yesterday. This morning started out at 48 - dropping all day. Presently wind is blowing 50 miles an hour & snowing - brrrrr. Tomorrow high is supposed to be 15!! :shock: and we have a farm tour HERE! right - what fool is going to travel tomorrow with more snow coming.

You see Jeanne, you really must start to look at the best interest of the bull. Tomorrow will be almost 70 here and sunshine. You shouldn't punish him like that.
You even have a stop off in Virginia with cfpinz. I'm sure he would find the ryegrass here acceptable. ;-)

Cypress.....would you be willing to go out and collect a little semen for her each day? Might seal the deal :D

Hi All, well we had the farm tour yesterday. Wind blowing 40+ MPH, high of 15 and dropped the whole time they were here - and yes PEOPLE CAME :shock: really was surprised! Several called before coming to make sure we would still hold it, & I said yes - just better dress WARM! We spent most of the time in the barn & in my kitchen - some FARM TOUR!. Had 6 cows waiting outside late due to calve. Checked them just as the first truck arrived - water bag on one - so in the barn. She stood there with her legs crossed til we left. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes out of the barn & she was licking the calf! Had photographer from Country Folks (big east coast ag publication) really wanting to take pic of newborn. He left when we came out of the barn. - missed his picture!
Anyway, the brave ones did walk around the heifes & new cow/calf pairs for a SHORT while.
Cypressfarms & cfppinz - nice offer - but I'm afraid I'm selfish, not thinking what's BEST for Macho, so guess he'll just have to put up with our weather. But, he is WELL dressed, did you see the pic I posted of him before he left. Real WOOLEY!
Jaydill, the full catalog will be in The Register (our national pub) and if you PM me with your address, I'll mail you a copy. Won't be out til April - sale is April 22.
Hill Creek - his calves - uniformly - have been knockouts. Start out little & spunky - up & sucking - and have really grown out to surpass our expectations. That Passion heifer is the oldest heifer out of him & will be the first daughter to calve. Really hate to part with her - really all of the daughters, but gotta get them out & about.

Jeanne, I just saw the ad for your Macho bull in Livestock Plus. I'm strictly an Angus guy, but I must agree with what the ad said. "Coming or Going - He looks GOOD!" He's a very impressive bull.

L Weir, the bred heifer Passion, and the yearling Richelle were part of our showstring last year, so they are ready to go. Richelle was Res Calf Champion at NYSF & Passion was Res Sr Calf Champion also.
The twin Rowdy has been halter broken & will be worked with prior to the sale so she will be ready for juniors.

Aplusmnt - the sale is in Gettysburg, Pa 4-22. Full sale catalog will be in The Register, but if anyone is interested PM me with your snail mail & I'll have a catalog mailed. It will be online also at Edje I believe

Lakading, I had so many people tell me that you had to get behind or in front of him to REALLY appreciate him, so we took the odd angle pics. We also PR him profile.

Latest posts